PDA

View Full Version : Lnl 1/25

FishEye
01-27-2010, 12:52 AM
Arrived a bit late around 9am to find an empty parking lot. I thought the lake was closed because there was literally nobody out on boats or shore. Went up to the concession stand for a pass and some info. The gentlemen inside said the stocking was canceled for this week, but I figured I'd give it a try anyway and headed to where I always go after a good rain. There was a total of three people fishing and it was horrible to say the least. I'm sure I could have scratched a limit but I'm not much of a bait fisherman. The water was stained with no visibility, but other than that the weather was good and the inlet really cleared up. I threw out my usual split shot powerworm a few times and I knew from past experiences that the trout were not in the mood in the area I was in. So I took off after about half an hour and decided to take the loss and go home and get on some bass. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone went out on Tuesday and if so how was the bite? I know the fish are stacked in that lil lake this time of the year; just waiting for the weather to comply. Also I heard that LNL is no longer stocking trout over 10lbs; something about the survival rate and of course the cost. Don't get me wrong I love catching those DD trout but LNL by far is still my favorite trout lake for its consistency on 3-5lbers. The weather looks good for the next couple days; hopefully the water will clear up.

Bradakas
01-27-2010, 01:18 AM
I got this email from them today:

Laguna Niguel Lake
Fish Report
January 25, 2010

• Next Stocking on Tuesday, January 26, 2010 has been cancelled

• Trout stocking on Tuesday, February 9, 2010 is on schedule

Laguna Niguel Lake has cancelled the stocking on Tuesday, January 26 due to the recent weather. The lake and took a real beating through this last storm and needs to recover from the damage. The shore line is really muddy therefore we will be offering $10 off the all day rate on all boat rentals.

The lake is currently open to angler. And the recent shore anglers, since the rains, have been having luck at the mouth of the creek inlet and the launch ramp. The best fishing from the boats has been the three pipes area and the flats. The best baits to use have been inflated night crawlers and garlic power bait. We recommend using scent due to the water clarity.

Thank you for your support
Laguna Niguel Lake Staff

fish ful
02-01-2010, 03:33 PM
I went on the 26th. About 10 people fishing near the lanch ramp and towards the inlet. the guys are the ramp said they had 4 bites, no fish. I had zero bites. Float tube guy said zero too. Was a nice day to be fishing but i wish it was a good day for catching. I was going to try Irvine lake but i thought the mud would be bad....and i knew i could fish the ramp at LNL so i went. Too bad. The last was a great place to fish....about 2 years ago.

Maybe it will be better this spring.