BabyKiller
01-26-2010, 08:28 PM
jesus saves

Fisherman57
01-26-2010, 08:57 PM
But City Dad told me that EVERYTHING on the internet is true. :Secret:

Hometown
01-26-2010, 09:49 PM
I have watched this site change over the years. it was originally a true message board. This was pretty much in the time before posting photos on the internet was easy as there was no good image hosting. Reports were taken for their word and for the most part people were truthfull. However, there was one jerk. Billy G. A specific report he made got peoples blood to boil. He claimed to have caught 60+ trout at irvine lake, FISHING SOLO!:EyePop:. Literally the next day a tournament took place and everyone noted poor fishing. They also referenced the report and could figure it out. DING! lightbulb went on. The guy who claim some incredible story was lying. If a report does not have pictures, it is highly suspect. I have my blinders up. There are several members that post bs reports as a career on this site and always have some excuse for no pictures. :Evil::Evil::Evil:But, the great thing about this board is all the good members that post some awesome pics of them catching and having a great time. Thanks code group!!!!:Big Grin:

troll is over..I see your point but not everyone is computer lit including me I have not posted any picks but I also report the bad and good trips. :HOMETOWN:

GeordyBass
01-26-2010, 09:57 PM
I stopped posting reports mostly because fishing sucks....or I haven't gone! lol

klymons
01-26-2010, 10:46 PM
Oh yeah, those jive reports get on my last nerve! Fishing reports should be the absolute truth--no fabrications allowed. Everyone who posts on these boards must be able to pass a lie detector test. As for me, I pride myself on my honesty. For example, on my last trip to Balboa Lake, I experienced a great day of fishing. The mighty tilapia was the target. Fly-lined nightcrawler chunks was the ticket to filling the old 5gallon bucket. (Nothing like the taste of city lake fish--pure essence of foul run-off). I was just about to call it a day, but had to pull in the last fish. As I was reeling it I saw a dark shadow rise up underneath my hooked fish. Then the "shadow" became visible--it was a catfish at least 25 feet long with a mouth big enough to swallow Reseda and then come back for Van Nuys! But first he decided to eat my tilapia for an appetizer. Suddenly my ultra lite rod was bent triple as the beast quickly spooled me. But before he made his run, I busted out my digital camera to snap a few pictures. When I put the camera down, some random dog came by and made off with it. The last I saw of the dog--and my camera--was in the parking lot. Before I could give chase, he hopped onto his Harley and sped away. And that's the whole truth--and nothing but the truth so help me Pinnochio.

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
01-26-2010, 11:06 PM
Oh yeah, those jive reports get on my last nerve! Fishing reports should be the absolute truth--no fabrications allowed. Everyone who posts on these boards must be able to pass a lie detector test. As for me, I pride myself on my honesty. For example, on my last trip to Balboa Lake, I experienced a great day of fishing. The mighty tilapia was the target. Fly-lined nightcrawler chunks was the ticket to filling the old 5gallon bucket. (Nothing like the taste of city lake fish--pure essence of foul run-off). I was just about to call it a day, but had to pull in the last fish. As I was reeling it I saw a dark shadow rise up underneath my hooked fish. Then the "shadow" became visible--it was a catfish at least 25 feet long with a mouth big enough to swallow Reseda and then come back for Van Nuys! But first he decided to eat my tilapia for an appetizer. Suddenly my ultra lite rod was bent triple as the beast quickly spooled me. But before he made his run, I busted out my digital camera to snap a few pictures. When I put the camera down, some random dog came by and made off with it. The last I saw of the dog--and my camera--was in the parking lot. Before I could give chase, he hopped onto his Harley and sped away. And that's the whole truth--and nothing but the truth so help me Pinnochio.

i call b*S.....WE ALL KNOW, THERE IS NO FISH AT BALBOA....LOL..

btw: i get what your saying b*k..the saying is true " you don't have to lie to kick it.."

baitmaster
01-26-2010, 11:14 PM
I agree that honesty should be the only acceptable rule to posting. It is equaly agrivating when someone posts a pic and describes a day of fishing. Then they are attacked by members on this board because they do not share the same beliefs. I have been a member of this board since 2004. I have posted and stopped several times after watching someone get roasted for keeping a fish or 2. I understand that we all may have different feelings or understandings about catch and release, but to attack and abuse a members of this board should be unacceptable. If you don't like someones post.....just move on, don't be rude and don't attack someone.
I recently asked the moderator to delete one of my posts because some very rude and vulgar comments were made about me and my "mama" which refered to a motel 6. With children having access to this board, these types of posts should not be allowed, and if people cannot restain themselves......they should be removed from this board.

Ricky-Ray
01-26-2010, 11:40 PM
The bluefin were wide open today in MDR. I got about 20 and some topping the 50# mark. No pics....batteries were dead.

:Wink:

fisherman from long beach
01-27-2010, 07:28 AM
I see your point but not everyone is computer lit including me I have not posted any picks but I also report the bad and good trips. :HOMETOWN:ditto.i have the pics but unable to down load them.

City Dad
01-27-2010, 08:01 AM
But City Dad told me that EVERYTHING on the internet is true. :Secret:

What is the sound of one Bigfoot laughing?

Nessie Hunter
01-27-2010, 09:02 AM
Im speechless???

All I can think of is the BIG SIGN over the main door at Bass Pro Shops....

Seņor.Chilax
01-27-2010, 09:12 AM
Klymons... Thats some funny S***! hahaha

AngryAgent
01-27-2010, 01:02 PM
60 fish in a day is possible and has happened more frequently then you think. Fishing can be wide open one day and then slow the next, happens all the time. I know personally that Jimmy has caught that many fish in a day at Irvine and I myself have had outstanding days especially back in the day when Hesperia was off the hook.

I do hear what you're saying though as far as false reports go and there are many of them. We look at the WON all the time in the store and laugh at the lies people tell. I have seen enough 10lb fish to know when that fish isn't 10lbs! 9lbs 15ounces doesn't qualify as a 10lber gentleman:Envious: We are with you man, but calling it out will only make you feel better while the problem will still remain. Sucks..

sansou
01-27-2010, 04:50 PM
Most of you guys know that EVERY fishing message board has their share of BS report writers & BS advice dispensers (guys who have zero experience but will point out your flaws!) . Eventually the mainstream members get sick of them, and the BS Artiste moves on to the next message board, sometimes under a different name.

It's analogous to the idiots that get kicked off a board. Like herpes, they flare up elsewhere, only to be eventually Valtrexed by a mod at the new board. Sadly, the more stubborn ones try to re-register wherever they got booted under a different name...pathetic.

There's not much you can do but maintain your own personal integrity, praise the members that are honest with their reports & advice, and keep on fishin'!

Fisherman57
01-27-2010, 09:11 PM
you're right sansou. ive seen then jump around. im getting a bit too political on this board. ima go back to my little reports with pics and cooler shots.

btw does your name reference the sword of kusunagi?

I believe the word "Sansou" translates to "Drinker Of The Cognac" in French............

GeordyBass
01-27-2010, 11:02 PM
He misspelled Sansumo, hence it being Sansou.... Truly Sansumo though.
lol

DarkShadow
01-28-2010, 09:19 AM
I rely on word of mouth and hearsay to decide where to fish, just like I do when I select my bonds and stocks. These fake reports are blasphemous!

I drove 4 hours last weekend to the Salton Sea to fish a supposed "WFO" orangemouth corvina bite that I heard some guys talking about at a tackle store, and all I ended up with because of my efforts was a 100 dollar gasoline bill and smelling like a combination of sewer and rotting salt.

And I was surprised too, as fisherman have always been known to tell the absolute truth, and nothing but.

So, to those posting fake reports: shame on you. You are causing wild goose chases amongst those that, instead of trusting their own skills to get on fish, rely on the validity of Interweb reporting to decide on where to fish. I don't even know how you old timers did it before the power of the Interweb.

Now it's time to read The Onion for my fill on what's REALLY happening in the world.

FISHNCHIPS
01-28-2010, 10:09 AM
Know how to tell if a fisherman is lying? His lips are moving!!! Or in this case,his fingers are moving.
I've been suckered into a fishing trip more than once by word of mouth stories of great catches happening yesterday but hey it got me out there and I always enjoy being out there.
I also know that many times the fish are there and biting one day and gone the next. Where I grew up you could catch catfish like crazy in Salt Slough in the evenings and mornings but no bite at all in the middle of the day or at night except for the big fish at night.
I think you can get to know who is reliable on here and who might be advertising for a particular fishing lake or even a tackle shop. I was the guy measuring the loads going into some of the favorite lakes down that way for twenty years. I would usually chuckle when I would see what they were advertising,knowing what we sent. Yeah,they want you at their lake and I have no doubt that they plant reports to get you there.
It's business and fish are expensive. I doubt if that type of exageration is too widespread amoung members. I have gotten some good info for out of state and saltwater where there may be less at stake for exageration.
Another thought,I have a relative on the Nor Cal coast who has owned two commercial boats and a nice sport boat since the 60's and a few things that he has seen out there would be nearly unbelievable if you didn't know how honest and straight he is. If you fish enough you will see some cool thing.
My list would include a shark cruising the surface, a whale diving on one side of Bill's 40 foot salmon trawler/crabber and completely breaching on the other side right out of the Eureka jetties,a five foot ling cod in 8 inches of surf while I was dipping smelt on Redwood Beach, three killer whale dorsals off Patrick's Point and that ling that chased it's brother to the surface that Don netted. All true and cherished memories,glad I was there!
I am an old guy that types with only his trigger finger and doesn't bother much with cameras but have a few pics avalable when my son can help me get them on here,hopefully soon. I'll put them all at once in the photo section to make it easy. So far my fishing buddy and my son have not been able to figure out the photo posting bit either but we'll figure it out.
Don't know if one should have to prove an experience with photo's anyway but would be cool to see my Uku.Ulua,Rainbow Runners,Marlin,Roosterfish,Lings,Albacore,Samon,Cr ab,Abalone and such on here for the world to see. Of course you could say that I bought all those fish and posed with them.
It's just fishin to me!

bruce watson
01-28-2010, 06:30 PM
What's even worse than just cheating on reports, is getting caught but still not admitting to anything. I saw a picture on FNN once of a guy in our spottie tournament. This was about 5 years ago. The guy was holding a sandbass in one hand and a black sharpie pen in the other. I think his initals were NH. I wish I still had that photo, I'd post it., or blackmail him.

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
01-28-2010, 06:47 PM
Honestly, does anyone really boo*whoos over a false report..? It happens, people lie...let it go, get a 5lb and double it's weight when it hits the board...

Boda11
01-28-2010, 08:14 PM
I just found this forum about a week ago and I've been looking it over. It seems so odd to me that so many die hard anglers would even post publicly here on where, when, and how they catch their fish.

Its a little different talking about trout and catfish that are regularly stocked, but all the other fish can take years to replenish if fished out.

I get so aggravated when I see the retards who put marshmallows on the hook of a roostertail and cast it out with a bobber and some how get lucky enough to pull in a 3 pound bass just to tie some kite string through its gills and drag it around in the dirt the rest of the day until they take it home to show the kids. Why would any of you want to give these people more info than they deserve?

AngryAgent
01-28-2010, 08:34 PM
I just found this forum about a week ago and I've been looking it over. It seems so odd to me that so many die hard anglers would even post publicly here on where, when, and how they catch their fish.

Its a little different talking about trout and catfish that are regularly stocked, but all the other fish can take years to replenish if fished out.

I get so aggravated when I see the retards who put marshmallows on the hook of a roostertail and cast it out with a bobber and some how get lucky enough to pull in a 3 pound bass just to tie some kite string through its gills and drag it around in the dirt the rest of the day until they take it home to show the kids. Why would any of you want to give these people more info than they deserve?

Great first post! I completely agree.

Atlaua
01-29-2010, 08:28 AM

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/5550/andyw.jpg

Just shameful....