PDA

View Full Version : Irvine lake 1/25/2010

J12
01-25-2010, 05:23 PM
First time shore fishing at irvine lake. Been there once before on boat. Arrived at the fishing grounds at about 1pm. I just fished santiago flats. My Volkswagen GTI was not the best car to rough the roads hehe. Anyway asked the other fishermen how the bite was and everyone was pretty bored and upset that the bite was slow. I thought they were just kidding me but man i tried crawler on small weight setup, lip ripperz worm on cast a bubble, drop shot lip ripperz and all the way till 3:00pm nada. I figured i paid $22 bucks to get in here i might as well change one last set up. So I rigged my UL trout rod (ugly stick) with casta bubble set up with crawler. Shortly after a gentleman to the far right of my caught a fish. I started chatting with him until my rod got a few bumps. Picked up the rod and tightened the line and fish on! Probably a 1-1.5lber about 16 inches. So finally 1 fish at 3:30pm. Nothing else after that. and 3:50 had to pack up and start leaving. I felt pretty fortunate to have caught one when some anglers were there the whole morning without a bite. It was a good experience checking out what shore fishing at Irvine lake was like. I plan to take a group of my friends to go and had to scope out as much as I can guide them around.Hopefully the fishing will get better after a few weeks when the fishes are settled in again. Until next time, tight lines everyone.

I have pics but how do you add them guys??

FISHJUNKIE4446
01-26-2010, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the report .. Seems like the bite has really fallen off at the Vine!!!!!!Hope the fishing gets better for you next time!!!!!!!!

paDDy
01-26-2010, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the report, I was going to go tomorrow but might be better of else where.

sansou
01-26-2010, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the report, I was going to go tomorrow but might be better of else where.

I agree with your decision PaDDy....so Finger Banks it is. Meet you at Shelter 0500hrs, I'll bring breakfast! :LOL::LOL:

Newfishsmell
01-26-2010, 07:39 PM
First time shore fishing at irvine lake. Been there once before on boat. Arrived at the fishing grounds at about 1pm. I just fished santiago flats. My Volkswagen GTI was not the best car to rough the roads hehe. Anyway asked the other fishermen how the bite was and everyone was pretty bored and upset that the bite was slow. I thought they were just kidding me but man i tried crawler on small weight setup, lip ripperz worm on cast a bubble, drop shot lip ripperz and all the way till 3:00pm nada. I figured i paid $22 bucks to get in here i might as well change one last set up. So I rigged my UL trout rod (ugly stick) with casta bubble set up with crawler. Shortly after a gentleman to the far right of my caught a fish. I started chatting with him until my rod got a few bumps. Picked up the rod and tightened the line and fish on! Probably a 1-1.5lber about 16 inches. So finally 1 fish at 3:30pm. Nothing else after that. and 3:50 had to pack up and start leaving. I felt pretty fortunate to have caught one when some anglers were there the whole morning without a bite. It was a good experience checking out what shore fishing at Irvine lake was like. I plan to take a group of my friends to go and had to scope out as much as I can guide them around.Hopefully the fishing will get better after a few weeks when the fishes are settled in again. Until next time, tight lines everyone.

I have pics but how do you add them guys??

How to load full size photos to FNN using PhotoBucket.Com
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?16012-How-to-load-full-size-photos-to-FNN-using-PhotoBucket-Com

J12
01-27-2010, 01:07 AM
http://i918.photobucket.com/albums/ad23/ciphertwelve/noname.jpg

http://i918.photobucket.com/albums/ad23/ciphertwelve/rightsidecrankdrag3.jpg

Thanks Fishtale I got the pics on!

surfhard
02-04-2010, 01:01 PM
Yikes, thanks for report but 22 bucks for one fish stinks, the paylakes are way too hit and miss for that kind of money. I have never had any luck on the paylakes