View Full Version : First time going to DVL on Sunday the 31st

EL_CHIDO
01-25-2010, 03:02 PM
I looking to catch LMB or Stripers.

I just bought a
Shimano® Voltaeus Casting Rod
Shimano Callisto® Casting Reel

to start off with ($100 for both)

Need all possible tips (rigs, set-ups, lures, spots, depths, etc.)

Also, I'm renting a pontoon so I can be on the water.

Much obliged!

TopwaterBassin
01-25-2010, 08:53 PM
Dropshot and texas rig, ice flukes, and morning dawn roboworms are what I have had most luck with lately for LMB. Good luck.

HuskerRod
01-25-2010, 08:59 PM
fish deep, buddy...deep

Fire Ball
01-25-2010, 09:04 PM
Tell me how you like that setup. I am thinking about getting a cheap Callisto on eBay because I am cheap and I need to fix my baitcasting reel or get a new one, lol. I will probably end up doing both, but I don't want to be without a baitcasting reel while I send it in to get it fixed.

I have never fished DVL, but I know that this time of year you should fish deep with a heavy spinnerbait, jigs, and vertical lures.

SEA ADDICTION
01-25-2010, 09:35 PM
Throw your arm off all day with big swim baits and possibly catch some trophys , or what "Topwaterbassin" said above and you will catch more fish and still maybe a trophy. And 40-50' should work.

EL_CHIDO
01-26-2010, 11:01 PM
Cool, I'll try some of those techs.

indymusky
01-27-2010, 09:50 PM
i would use 4lb floro and thro robos all day and youll catch some fish theyre deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep right now but the far rock bluff to the left of the fatherst damn from the marina is insane right now. i think every fish in the lake is sitting in that area for some reason and ive yet to see ne fishing in that spot while im thier. ill upload some video later this week and give you a better idea you can see what im using and the exact spot im sitting in.