PDA

View Full Version : Trilene XL line--need reccomendations on color

Trout-Chaser
01-25-2010, 01:28 PM
Hi,

I'm new to FNN and am hoping to get a few questions answered about tackle. I was a long-time flyfisherman, but am now wanting to do more spin fishing for trout. Plan to go to Irvine and SNL mostly. I have a Berekeley TacTix 6' L rod and Pflueger Trion GX7 UL reel setup. I want to load the reel and spool with Trilene XL (4lb. on reel & 2 lb. on spare) and was going to get the lo-vis green. Have any of you used it? Any reccommendations, comments?

Thanks,
The 'newbie'--Trout-Chaser

vanillagurilla
01-25-2010, 02:40 PM
im not a fan of trilene line at all. but i do like green lines. i olmoast never use clear. try izorline xxx 2lb. thats what i mainly use. i think you'll be supprized at how strong it is compared to 4lb trilene.

Astrolux
01-25-2010, 08:27 PM
If you're light lining for trout, there is absolutely no other brand to use than Maxima Ultra Green. You can get it pretty much anywhere. Trilene is terrible line, unless your'e fishing Trilene Big Game 25 pound test and up. Personally I don't think line color really matters but I pretty much always go green.

vanillagurilla
01-26-2010, 02:09 PM
maxima is good but its alot more than trilene lol. $10.50 at wal-mart for 300 yds. i got a 6000yd spool of izor 2lb xxx for around 30$

Trout-Chaser
01-26-2010, 02:39 PM
Wow--I sure am glad I asked! Sounds like good advice and I will leave the Trilene alone. I probably will still go with green line. I was a flyfisher for many years, on skinny waters with jumpy native trout, where invisibility of the line was a must.

Thanks kindly for your replies and suggestions.