PDA

View Full Version : Big Bear CLOSED !!!

Nessie Hunter
01-25-2010, 09:32 AM
Road conditions of late have stopped Food & fuel supplies to Big Bear..
They are running out and many people are stranded and staying in Shelter. No gas to get home!!

http://www.vvdailypress.com/news/closed-16896-visitors-rough.html

Im sure it is a short term closure, due to road conditions.

DarkShadow
01-25-2010, 09:45 AM
2012 is upon us.

Global Cooling is real.

seal
01-25-2010, 11:40 AM
The Global Warming guys are now saying that the reason for the extra rainfall/snow in the West is Global Warming.

It snows it's Global Warming, it rains it's Global Warming, no rainfall ya know it's Global Warming, colder gotta be Global Warming, if it's warmer they would probably say it's Global Cooling!

DarkShadow
01-25-2010, 12:02 PM
Are we certain the MLPA isn't behind this closure?

These damn hippies are even closing mountain roads now!

Something must be done. Where's my pitchfork!?

LittleBoyBlue
01-25-2010, 02:26 PM
I know three different ways into Big Bear via paved roads and a few that are not. They can't all be closed.

flytyingreloader
01-25-2010, 03:06 PM
I'll bet 3N14 is snowed shut.

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
01-25-2010, 03:24 PM
Road conditions of late have stopped Food & fuel supplies to Big Bear..
They are running out and many people are stranded and staying in Shelter. No gas to get home!!

http://www.vvdailypress.com/news/closed-16896-visitors-rough.html

Im sure it is a short term closure, due to road conditions.

time ninja run some alchool up the mountian..of course for a bootleggers fee..

DccFISHerMan
01-25-2010, 03:54 PM
I was up there friday and saturday and had to sneak through the road blocks to get home!

netdawg
01-25-2010, 06:49 PM
...but not to the extreme that the folks are saying the fall out will be. And YES the warming that is discussed is the reason for the wacky weather patterns and cold/warm where it shouldn't be.

If you check out the sea teamps which are the reason for El Nino sessions like what we saw last week that is one indicator.

Not to worry though, Mother Earth will correct the issue... most likely with a few years of bitter bitter cold that will cause food shortages globally. Won't be good for us freshie guys, but the salty guys will get their fill of tuna and free swimming beasts before that happens since the warm water patterns will hook em up ;)

smokinflies
01-25-2010, 07:51 PM
The Global Warming guys are now saying that the reason for the extra rainfall/snow in the West is Global Warming.

It snows it's Global Warming, it rains it's Global Warming, no rainfall ya know it's Global Warming, colder gotta be Global Warming, if it's warmer they would probably say it's Global Cooling!

HAHA, Golbal Warming.

I remember 20 yrs ago environmentalist were complaining about Global Cooling.

Does anyone remember that?

LunkerLover
01-25-2010, 08:27 PM
THIS is why those roads are closed - this pic taken yesterday ... my father-in-law's house on the East side of the lakehttp://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww45/LunkerLover/dadsnow.jpg

smokehound
01-26-2010, 06:32 PM
I dont remember it, But I have the issue of TIME magazine talking about it.

:LOL: make up your minds, media liars!

BBL2Baja
01-26-2010, 08:36 PM
Wasn't as bad as it was made out to be in the media.

There were a few spots that had gas over the weekend, cash only of course, but it was to be had. The snow levels were epic and the snow continues tonight. Road conditions sucked and continue to SERIOUSLY suck, and yes, the three paved roads into Big Bear were all indeed closed at times over the weekend and into Monday. No, we weren't about to run out of food. Both major grocery stores up here were well stocked. People here knew the storm was coming and stocked the stores and filled their tanks. As for shelters, we have one going in town and it's for people that still have no power in their home (Upper Moonridge and parts of Big Bear City). In all honesty, the biggest problems that were faced with this "Storm of the Decade" were the power outages, the endless shoveling, the kids STILL not being back to school since last Thursday, the CRAP road conditions and the people who came up here for the weekend unprepared for the sheer amount of weather we received.

Later,
Scott

flytyingreloader
01-26-2010, 09:35 PM
Global warming/cooling is part of the Earth's natural cycling. The fools trying to spin this in either direction--or to insist that humanity's actions are significantly responsible for it--need to put the crack pipe down. In the big scheme of things--Man is not a singnificant factor, and to take that view indicates an erroneous and inflated sense of man's place in the world at large.

Just my dos centavos.