PDA

View Full Version : twilight or 1/2 day suggestions

bksteve
07-09-2007, 08:57 PM
Hello everyone. new to the board and new to fishing. First trip ever was a 3/4 day on the Victory on 6/30 out of Long beach. This site rocks and have been reading the message boards for the last week or so. Thought I'd ask for some help.

I'm either looking to go on a twilight tomorrow or a 1/2 day on saturday and was wondering which boat everyone would highly recommend. Don't want to catch squid so the twilight out of Davey's Locker and Newport Landing is out of the picture for now. Seems like they are only targeting the squid. I'm in Glendora so don't want to travel too far. Any help or suggestions would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

hakaveli
07-09-2007, 09:00 PM
Hello everyone. new to the board and new to fishing. First trip ever was a 3/4 day on the Victory on 6/30 out of Long beach. This site rocks and have been reading the message boards for the last week or so. Thought I'd ask for some help.

I'm either looking to go on a twilight tomorrow or a 1/2 day on saturday and was wondering which boat everyone would highly recommend. Don't want to catch squid so the twilight out of Davey's Locker and Newport Landing is out of the picture for now. Seems like they are only targeting the squid. I'm in Glendora so don't want to travel too far. Any help or suggestions would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The "SO CAL " at pierpoint in long beach 1/2 day

and "NATIVE SUN" Berth 55 in long beach 3/4 day local

"SPITFIRE" in redondo 3/4 day

these run twlight

victor101
07-09-2007, 09:12 PM
i would recommend the new del mar out of marina del rey ( http://www.marinadelreysportfishing.com ) for the twillight fishing. they are doing pretty good on the bass bite right now. as for a 1/2 day...they ndm again is a great boat, but gets pretty packed on the weekends so i would consider...the redondo special ( http://www.redondosportfishing.com)great boat, great crew. ive heard the aquarious out of the malibu pier is getting light loads on the weekends so you might want to give them a try as well. ( http://www.malibupiersportfishing.com ) these are my top 3 1/2 day boats as of now.

for 3/4 i like the spitfire out of redondo.

victor101
07-09-2007, 09:13 PM
oh yeah...welcome to FNN!

bksteve
07-09-2007, 09:36 PM
Thanks a lot. hopefully I can get some knowledge from the site. But as with everything, practice makes perfect. I was looking at marina del rey but it will be tough to get there by launch cause I dont get off til 5 everyday. Ill try to make it tomorrow night. Gotta work my way into the longer trips i guess. That 3/4 day was good but the fishing was not long enough. Half of the day was just getting to catalina and back. only macks and some blue perch.

Trying to observe on the boats but don't want to seem like im staring. LOL

:lol:

hakaveli
07-09-2007, 09:56 PM
Thanks a lot. hopefully I can get some knowledge from the site. But as with everything, practice makes perfect. I was looking at marina del rey but it will be tough to get there by launch cause I dont get off til 5 everyday. Ill try to make it tomorrow night. Gotta work my way into the longer trips i guess. That 3/4 day was good but the fishing was not long enough. Half of the day was just getting to catalina and back. only macks and some blue perch.

Trying to observe on the boats but don't want to seem like im staring. LOL

:lol:

3/4 day to catalina is good cuz u have a shot at exotics. Mac and perch only? there is alot of other fish to be caught there

bksteve
07-09-2007, 10:04 PM
yeah...macks and perch only. I chose that boat because seems like their reports were coming in as pretty good. Funny thing is that the captain said he was gonna explore that day and they didnt even put the fish count for that day on the site. Only day not on there for that week.

Jackpot winner was a sheephead..not even sure how many lbs it was.

hakaveli
07-09-2007, 10:15 PM
yeah...macks and perch only. I chose that boat because seems like their reports were coming in as pretty good. Funny thing is that the captain said he was gonna explore that day and they didnt even put the fish count for that day on the site. Only day not on there for that week.

Jackpot winner was a sheephead..not even sure how many lbs it was.

thats sucks i was on the pursuit a month and half ago all we did was hunt for yellows exploring. Only 7 boated the whole day and very litte calico maybe 10 for the whole boat. I was lucky to get one of the 7 yellows

reckless_m@
07-09-2007, 11:48 PM
Welcome to site bksteve! Id recommend twilight on the so cal out of pierpoint landing in lb. It was pretty WIDE on the sand bass the other night. Limits for 10!