PDA

View Full Version : Rancho Derby and day after

Trout 1
01-24-2010, 07:19 PM
Derby: It was great!!!! The bite was on! I started at the front lake by the playground and got 1 right off and then nothing. So I went to the back lake and slayed them for the rest of the day. It was crazy back there cast after cast fish after fish. :EyePop: I was using a orange jig all day. My biggest was 2lb 12oz and it got me 14th place so thats cool! The winer was 14lbs ?ozs.

Day after derby: Today wasnt so good for me I got the big :Skunk: haha. Its cool tho. The fish were schooled up everywhere they just had lock jaw or somthing. It should be good this week coming.

One last thing it was nice meeting all the FNNers out there I had a great time fishing with you.

Trout 1

WARRIORMIKE
01-24-2010, 09:28 PM
It was tough out there. I missed about 3 fish and one broke me off. Overall one today on the fly rod. Good meeting you today as well.

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
01-24-2010, 11:40 PM
sup drew, yeah it was a slow bite but i did manage 2 some how..mike good fly catch, if i didn't see it for myself i wouldn't have belived it bro..lol..goodtimes indeed..

Trout 1
01-24-2010, 11:45 PM
sup drew, yeah it was a slow bite but i did manage 2 some how..mike good fly catch, if i didn't see it for myself i wouldn't have belived it bro..lol..goodtimes indeed..

It was tough out there. I missed about 3 fish and one broke me off. Overall one today on the fly rod. Good meeting you today as well.

Yea nice time out there like you said the bite was hard atleast we had some good ppl around right??

jmp_fishinn
01-24-2010, 11:51 PM
ahhh i knew it was you...hahahha.

i wasnt 100% sure tho...next time. :LOL:

but yeah, the front lakes really sucked. haha.
and the back lake was good for most people!
i would of thought the fishing would of been good the next day. :Rolls Eyes:

i think ima hit it up tues. morning before class :Cool:

Trout 1
01-24-2010, 11:54 PM
I heard you were out there but I didnt see you?? Where were you at?

Trout 1

jmp_fishinn
01-25-2010, 12:51 AM
haha.

i was at the front right next to you in the morning.

i was wearing the brown hat with fur on it wearing a brown jacket and a red backpack. I was fishing with a brown BPS rod.

haha.

Trout 1
01-25-2010, 12:42 PM
Oh ok whats up man? haha. So you saw those two guys move in on me that was crazy. How many fish did you end up with bro? Did you place?

spitbreaker
01-25-2010, 03:26 PM
great time out there during the derby fishing i hope see some time me & chris

WARRIORMIKE
01-25-2010, 09:26 PM
The reason why you didnt catch any was because you didnt get your "snag" on
I got video of those mofos that were snagging at RJP the other day

Trout 1
01-25-2010, 09:31 PM
Forget a video just cut there line when they hook up :ROFL:

Trout 1

jumpman
01-26-2010, 01:27 PM
F**K yeah i would cut it as well, crappy. Over all i am happy to hear it was better than yucaipa, wish i could have been there.
JM

jmp_fishinn
01-26-2010, 04:53 PM
naa i didnt place this time...haha.
i didnt mind tho, it was still an awesome day.

i only ended up with 4 fish, and i found out that back lake was way better than the
front a bit too LATE. haha. its all good tho, ima hit it up friday.

to bad i saw a guy poach that 6-8lber at the back lake :Evil:
no more bigs ones in the back. lame.

Manny
01-26-2010, 06:42 PM
Yeah, the snaggers were out in full force. Hey Mike way to go on the fly. Howz that bee sting? Nice to meet members in person. Trout 1, didnt see you there Monday.

Trout 1
01-26-2010, 08:34 PM
Yeah, the snaggers were out in full force. Hey Mike way to go on the fly. Howz that bee sting? Nice to meet members in person. Trout 1, didnt see you there Monday.

Naw bro couldn't make it maybe next time.............

Trout 1

WARRIORMIKE
01-26-2010, 09:04 PM

Just took the stinger out today lol. Thanks for the props too

smokinflies
01-27-2010, 07:15 PM

Nice catching on the fly.

What type of fly were you flicking?

jonnyfishon
01-28-2010, 07:05 PM
1st place fish was 14.5 lbs.was also illegally netted w/o a hook and line, 7 fisherman witnessed the net job , and told the derby staff, they didnt beleive the 7 fisherman , so the derby staff let them have 1st place anyway, i fished the front lake had my limit by noon all over 2lbs. my largest was only 2.7lbs so i didnt place, but it was fun trying, i caught mine all on the good old power mouse combo, i was dissapointed to see they let 1st place win with an illegal fish , oh well , Tight Lines all except the 1 st place cheater