PDA

View Full Version : Creek Fishin'

LittleBoyBlue
01-24-2010, 07:09 PM
Went out last Sunday to this creek for the first time in a l o n g time. When I got there last week it had just began to sprinkle. Went back today and the water volume is more than double and the fish are nowhere to be found. It did not flood so maybe its because they have more water to hide in in, or maybe full from all the crap that must have floated down this week.

I have to say this is the hardest creek I have ever fished and I have fished just about every creek, river and stream in SoCal but this one really kicked my ***** today, especially with all that snow.

Nitro
01-24-2010, 09:33 PM
what creek did you fish?

Socalcreeker
01-25-2010, 01:09 AM
i had the same problem in azusa canyon today minus the snow. at least you got out there though.

flytyingreloader
01-25-2010, 05:16 AM
Yeah, rainfall can REALLY play hell with creek fishing. The fish chow down on whatever drifts past them, and run for cover from the faster currents. Tough fishing, for sure.

Socalcreeker
01-25-2010, 11:50 AM
ya the fishing was tough but i still beat the skunk with a couple of little ones .but a bad day fishing is better than sittin at home

LittleBoyBlue
01-25-2010, 02:08 PM
what creek did you fish?

Sorry, I would like to trail blaze this one alone;-)

Socalcreeker
01-27-2010, 10:35 PM
i dont blame you for wanting to keep it secret . when i was in azusa canyon a guy left with 8 trout in the 6 inch range.they even complained about the size of the fish.i was speechless .kind of pissed me off but i just bit my tongue.i understand your trying to preserve what you got there.