PDA

View Full Version : What's up with the DFG website?

DEADROOTS
01-24-2010, 06:30 PM
For some reason I can't find their web site anymore. Am I just not looking in the right place or has the site been down for a while now? I don't know...:???:

Can anybody shed some light on this?

lalo56
01-24-2010, 06:40 PM
http://www.dfg.ca.gov/fish/Hatcheries/FishPlanting/SouthCoast.asp

DEADROOTS
01-24-2010, 07:23 PM
http://www.dfg.ca.gov/fish/Hatcheries/FishPlanting/SouthCoast.asp

Thanks man, but, it didn't work.

This is what I'm getting...

Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at www.dfg.ca.gov.

* Check the address for typing errors such as
ww.example.com instead of
www.example.com

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
.................................................. .......................

What's going on here?

DEADROOTS-

DEADROOTS
01-24-2010, 07:25 PM
Does the hyperlink given by lalo56 work for anybody else?

sansou
01-24-2010, 07:33 PM
Says in an Austrian accent: "Get to the choppa!"

Nah, works fine for me. Try clearing your cache, restart and try again.

lalo56
01-24-2010, 08:10 PM
try again but this time add a period at the end of .com this basicly clears your cookie for the site.

DEADROOTS
01-24-2010, 08:34 PM
Sweet, that worked! Thanks.

klymons
01-25-2010, 11:26 AM
Your problem is Firefox! That browser is useless! It can't find anything, it will shut down for no good reason, and it totally slows down your computer. Even with all its problems, you're much better off with Internet Explorer.

HEMAN
01-25-2010, 11:32 AM
Your problem is Firefox! That browser is useless! It can't find anything, it will shut down for no good reason, and it totally slows down your computer. Even with all its problems, you're much better off with Internet Explorer.

i don't know about that dude. The only reason why anyone used IE in the first place is because it came installed with Windows. If you take a look back, lots of the new features in IE were already in Firefox's previous versions.
And then there are security issues galore with IE.

pasadenafishin
01-26-2010, 04:06 PM
IE is aweful... firefox.. nay googlechrome all the way

sawoobley
01-26-2010, 05:20 PM

Did you get the latest update of internet explorer? It patches the vulnerabilities that the Chinese used to attach Google and 30 other tech companies.

IMO if you use internet explorer than you are putting your computer at risk. The bad guys :Evil: love going after it because it is such an easy target. I was listening to the Tech Guy on the radio last Saturday and he suggested that we disable internet explorer and make an exception for windows update and something else that I cannot remember. As soon as he updates his website with the audio of last Saturday's show I am going to review what he said. Just having Internet Explorer active on your computer makes it more susceptible to attacks because it is the default program for several processes.

You are better off using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.

I have always used Firefox with NoScript on my PC and Mac (which blocks Java and Javascript from running on your computer without your permission). Basically no one can access you computer without you letting them first. While Firefox is a good browser by itself, NoScript protects most of its vulnerabilities (i.e. cross site scripting or XSS dangers). I don't think you can do better than this combo.

It is true that Firefox was a little quirky for a short time but I believe they fixed those problems. Maybe they had a bad update or something. Overall, its been a good browser and has a good combination of features and security.

Whatever you do stay away from internet explorer! :Wink:

:Cool:

TroutOnly
01-26-2010, 05:59 PM
NOPE RICH IT SAYS ,,,,,,,,,,GET!!!!!!!!DOWN!!!!!!!!!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,

Newfishsmell
01-27-2010, 12:45 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7733976031934141277&ei=DaVgS6nPMYXSqgK57rjBCA&q=stupid+computer&hl=en#