PDA

View Full Version : castaic lagoon tomorrow

bassmaster5529
01-23-2010, 07:06 PM
if i am going for largemouth at the lower lake tomorrow, where is the best place to be fishing. and how deep should i be fishing?:LOL:

Alexi
01-23-2010, 07:33 PM
i may be up there too. i would check the area over there where the water is shallow but then gets deeper as you go out to the middle of the lake.......lol

i have always had luck in the southern most part of the lake during the winter. why? i have no clue as much of the common bass fishing wisdom and insight checks that area off any winter fishing list but i would go ahead checkout that little dock in the southwest corner. most recently two 4 pounders right under that little bridge thing that is connected to the dock.

Fire Ball
01-23-2010, 09:29 PM
I am going to be there tomorrow with Robo Bass and then a friend from a different website. Are you going to be on shore or in a boat?

i may be up there too. i would check the area over there where the water is shallow but then gets deeper as you go out to the middle of the lake.......lol

i have always had luck in the southern most part of the lake during the winter. why? i have no clue as much of the common bass fishing wisdom and insight checks that area off any winter fishing list but i would go ahead checkout that little dock in the southwest corner. most recently two 4 pounders right under that little bridge thing that is connected to the dock.

When did you catch it under the dock? I haven't seen any activity by the dock since winter started. The south end has the rip rap, so it retains some heat and the bass like the heat from it, plus crawdads and baitfish live in the gaps in the rip rap. The North end is supposed to heat up faster, so I am definitely going to try the North end.