PDA

View Full Version : How long till you hit the water after rain ?

Rakie
01-23-2010, 12:35 PM
I know some people wait up to 3 weeks, and some people are on the water when the rain is still going! Where do you stand ?

I usually like waiting a week, but sometimes I'm not that patient.

Tight lines,
~Rakie.

Frenchy
01-23-2010, 01:16 PM
um i surfed this morning so ya i would go out fishing any time

Fire Ball
01-23-2010, 01:16 PM
I just fish as much as I can since I am limited to weekends only most of the time, so that means I don't wait at all. I am going tomorrow tomorrow actually.

Fishbones
01-23-2010, 01:24 PM
rain,snow...doesnt matter....i always have a line in the water....some days tank tops some days rain coats....
i guess it depends where im fishing salt or fresh and the water clarity,water flow,temperature on how i make my choice.......fishbones

bsp
01-23-2010, 01:54 PM
Surf fishing... 3 days minimum and a week to be safe because of all the bacteria and crap (literal and general) that flows into the ocean from our storm drains. Freshwater, whenever. I'm not in contact with the water. I have friends that love surfing the storm swells, but they're always sure to stay away from storm drains, make sure they have no cuts, and take a shower with anti-bacterial soap when they get home (and rinse their wetsuits in the stuff too). I still wouldn't but if you feel like risking it who's to stop you.

sansou
01-23-2010, 02:35 PM
After the big storms we have had, its been my experience that in so far as rock codding is concerned, you need at least a few days of normal weather and letting the nearshore ocean settle before the bite gets decent again. Crappy weather that stirs the ocean up also has a tendency to shut down winter YT bite as well, from what I can tell from fishing northern baja. Spring albacore are about the only fish that don't seem to be ever affected (in fact, the crappier the better), but then again, they are offshore.

But then again, if you fish some of the more distant venues (like puerto vallarta), big storms bring big debris, and makes for excellent dorado fishing on the clean side of the scum line.

hbomb
01-23-2010, 02:41 PM
I actually went out today, all though conditions were not up to par, I still had a blast. :LOL:

fisherman from long beach
01-23-2010, 03:18 PM
I actually went out today, all though conditions were not up to par, I still had a blast. :LOL:
went out this morning ,i seen we had blue skies,and i had to get out there,went to nph,water was real murky got 1 ,farmed another,and a couple of hits nothing to exciting.

victor101
01-23-2010, 06:04 PM
Depends on how bad the storm is...If its just light rain, I wouldnt mind fishing in it. If its like the storm we just had, I would wait at least a week to give the water some time to clear up... If i did decide on fishing the day after a storm, I would stick to using bait.