PDA

View Full Version : 411 for San Felipe, Sonora

sansou
01-23-2010, 09:35 AM
Given the rain and infrastructure problems down on the pacific Baja Norte side, I thought I would possibly switch up and give San Felipe (Sonora) a shot this upcoming weekend.

Don't have time to make it to Puertecitos, so I was wondering if any of you guys have an solid recommendations for any pangeros out of San Felipe. I don't have any connections there cause I don't fish there much, so rather than go blindly again and get a "so-so" pangero, I figure it might be worth asking. I realize the fishing is "hit or miss", but I need my Mex fix.

Help me. I need to get out of my house this upcoming weekend as a Hannah Montana sleepover party is under works.

Fishbones
01-23-2010, 10:04 AM
Waiting to hear back from one of my good buddies that fishes there .....will post when received.....

sansou
01-23-2010, 10:14 AM
Looking forward to it....thanks!

Edit: no rush, not going this upcoming weekend after all, it appears further up the road they got a good dose of rain, and the dirt road that has been "under repair" (for the last X years!) in to town from Mexicali doesn't sound all that good right now.

bruce watson
01-23-2010, 09:05 PM
At least it would have been a good phase of the moon to go to San Felipe. I've been there on the full moon with 25 foot tides.

Fishbones
01-23-2010, 09:57 PM
there saying alot of the roads are washed out and phone service is on and off.

victor101
01-23-2010, 11:09 PM
Looking forward to it....thanks!

Edit: no rush, not going this upcoming weekend after all, it appears further up the road they got a good dose of rain, and the dirt road that has been "under repair" (for the last X years!) in to town from Mexicali doesn't sound all that good right now.

Wha? so my Impala wont make it then huh? Looks like ill be Turd Rollin' this weekend. :( I was really looking forward to some Yellows. Oh well...

DockRat
01-25-2010, 06:52 AM
At least it would have been a good phase of the moon to go to San Felipe. I've been there on the full moon with 25 foot tides.

I remember going to Felipe in the 70's and the tide would go out 1/4 mile. I would love to take a vacation there again. Lots of youtube 'San Felipe Fishing' videos. Check this video of 3 trucks stuck on the beach with the tide coming in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NLtFZjgkS0&feature=related

They built an border crossing a while back near Holtville about 5 miles frome Calexico. Blow though Mexicali mid morning to avoid trouble. Good lock.
DR