PDA

View Full Version : Need some recommendations

dfisher
01-22-2010, 07:59 PM
I need some advice on which lures should I get, I have a $50 gift card that I want to use all on these lures... Use mainly for some socal paid lakes and local city ponds. On a side note I haven't been having great luck with some cranks cause I always get tangled in the weeds or lots of moss.

Crankbaits
Jointed hard baits

Fire Ball
01-22-2010, 09:59 PM
What are you going to be fishing for? I'm assuming bass?

Fishbones
01-22-2010, 10:18 PM
Rapalas,XPS,Lucky Crafts,Bombers,Bandits,Koppers,Strike King,Yo Zuri,Uncle Bucks,Normans,Heddons,
that should keep you busy....

dfisher
01-23-2010, 05:13 PM
yes bass..

fishbones - can you be more specific is what I am looking for.

BassButcher
01-23-2010, 05:41 PM
hey dfisher, when i get crankbaits, i think of how deep i'm fishing. You always want to make contact with the "structure" you're fishing. which triggers the strike. some crankbaits i've had success with are rapala DT series, norman lures, strike king and bass pro. try to "match the hatch" as well. Natural colors for clear water and chartruese for muddy. but most important i think is the depth your crankbait dives. Hope this helps.

bassbutcher

Fire Ball
01-23-2010, 10:00 PM
Just some good football jigs, trailers, Roboworms, lipless crankbaits, and then spinnerbaits. Just ask if you want me to be more specific. I also need some info on water clarity and the season that you want to lures for.

dfisher
01-25-2010, 02:05 PM
thanks guys going to see what cabalas has now.