PDA

View Full Version : Love The New Look ,Dana!!!

Mondo21
01-22-2010, 12:59 PM
I love the"NEW" look of this website, Great Job Dana!!! Have anyone else notice?!:High Five::Applause:Cindy:Big Grin:

lngbchfnhnter
01-22-2010, 01:04 PM
kinda caught me off guard..i think i like the contrast of the old site:Neutral:
maybe ill grow into it..:Smile:

lalo56
01-22-2010, 01:11 PM
When i came today to the site... I was like WTH!? Still not used to this. I guess in time i will get used to this. Wish they could let us change the colors. This cotrast is going to blind me.

Cangler
01-22-2010, 02:06 PM
Uggg .. I dont like it

Fisherman57
01-22-2010, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the comments guys.....

Please be patient as we tweak the site in the next few days......

Jeff & I will be working hard to get all the bugs ironed out.

If you happen to run across something that you
think we need to look at...... please e-mail me or PM me!

Thanks again everyone.........

Dana
fisherman57@fishingnetwork.net

Mojave River Angler
01-22-2010, 02:35 PM
I also noticed that the contrast of the old setup made it easier to sort visually. Thumbs up just for trying to make some imporvements and bash it into something better. Keep up the good work. We'll adjust.

Fire Ball
01-22-2010, 02:36 PM
I came on a few minutes ago and thought "WHAT?? Am I on the right site?" I don't really like the new look. Is this the default skin for vB 4.0.1 with some tweaks?

Odium
01-22-2010, 02:46 PM
Any chance of customizable / different skin options for the page? The old look might have been boring for some. . . But it was very easy to separate everything visually. . .

pasadenafishin
01-22-2010, 03:14 PM
i think im just so used to the old site... i dontt like channgee!!

Sue
01-22-2010, 03:54 PM
I don't like it. It's too.......remniscent of a bunch of other boards I go on......it's a generic look. The old look had a better "flavour". Also, the light on light contrast is hard on the eyes.

Dana, you know how much I care about this site and anything Team57/FNN, please don't be offended by my comments.

Fisherman57
01-22-2010, 04:05 PM
I don't like it. It's too.......remniscent of a bunch of other boards I go on......it's a generic look. The old look had a better "flavour". Also, the light on light contrast is hard on the eyes.

Dana, you know how much I care about this site and anything Team57/FNN, please don't be offended by my comments.

Not offended at all!

Like I mentioned above, we still are working on the website and will be updating it and tweaking it.....
so I expect it to change a little.....!!!!

Be patient and hang in there!

Dana

TopwaterTony
01-22-2010, 04:16 PM
As a web developer for 10+ years, it definitely looks cleaner, sans SOME of the ad images since they seem almost 8/16-bit compared to the new theme. Hopefully the new vBulletin version will help get rid of the spam like I have gotten in my PM's. If you guys need any advice/help as far as development feel free to PM me.

evalrez
01-22-2010, 04:29 PM
I like the old site better. This one caught me off guard, I was confused for a second thinking I was on the wrong site. I guess I got used to the old site. Old site looked more personalized towards Team 57/FNN. This one seems a little "flat" generic. I noticed the posts cut off some of the advertisments too. Can't wait to see what the finalized site will look like.

Santa Fe Eric
01-22-2010, 04:50 PM
Dana,
I will wait until the site is finished before I think about whether I like it or not. For anyone really struggling with the new changes, I want to recommend a great book. This will also help people dealing with other changes in their life or work.
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=who+moved+my+cheese&cid=784607709821401372&sa=title#p

Sincerely,
Eric

murrieta angler
01-22-2010, 05:27 PM
I'm color blind and this is hurting my eyes...for real!!

vanillagurilla
01-22-2010, 05:57 PM
i like it, its just ALOT slower for me now lol.

Fishbones
01-22-2010, 07:23 PM
wow is this FNN or myspace...wrong site?.. the old site had history and that gave it a classic touch...
its slowin my computer down too.....and i wasnt ready for the new picture downloader......
but in time thru R&D im sure dana will get it just right......and im stickin with it...FNN FOR LIFE......fishbones

GeordyBass
01-22-2010, 07:26 PM
Yeah It is way slower than the old forums... I also don't like the "Reply to thread" thing sending me directly to the "Quick Reply" thing.... I'll get used to it I guess,,,

Big Daddy
01-22-2010, 07:51 PM
Some of us old Dogs are to OLD to be learning new tricks. I hope we can adjust instead of being left in the dust. Oh I mean Rain. Definatly different and a lot slower on my computer.

lalo56
01-22-2010, 07:59 PM
Yeah! Dont like it at all. Im color blind too but i see they are making changes here and there. I will be okay if they make the color better for my eyes. Previous version pleased my eyes. Like i said though, they will correct this. They are working on it.

sansou
01-22-2010, 09:03 PM
Needs more cowbell.

Nice job upgrading the site Jeff & Dana.

Wingnut
01-22-2010, 10:51 PM
I think some of you are just shocked of the sudden change. But change is inevitable with progress and there's no going back. Like Dana says, the site WILL improve, give it some time and I'm sure you will get used to it in no time...

tpfishnfool
01-23-2010, 07:26 AM
You guys took a step back on this one..
IMO

Alexi
01-23-2010, 11:14 AM
Wow. Signed on this morning to post a report and what a surprise! I think it looks great!!!

olfishergal
01-23-2010, 09:21 PM
I really don't like the particular color of blue background Doesn't feel FNN special to me........give me back m water ripples!!!!!!!! otherwise trying to get used to it. Bold in the thread titles is good and glad that whie background on the posts is gone, was hard to read.....

Lightline
01-24-2010, 07:57 AM
Dont like the new design.

Maybe I'm not use to it yet, but for now I dont like it.

Seems like there is a majority that feels the same. Dont think that will affect the design but some big Corporations sure think it affects business.

The formats to serious for a fishing forum.

Trying to find the blog on here.

Needs more of a fun look.

tpfishnfool
01-24-2010, 10:00 AM
What lake is on the top of the home page ? Looks killer..

TroutOnly
01-24-2010, 10:40 AM
More cowbell,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Sea Monkey
01-24-2010, 10:50 AM
Needs more cowbell.

Nice job upgrading the site Jeff & Dana.

I agree. More cowbell please!
(But I dig it Dana!! I think it looks great!)

bsp
01-24-2010, 11:29 AM
It looks more professional with the new layout IMO, and I like the new colors and overall look.

M@M
01-24-2010, 11:52 AM
First I want to say THANKS for all the time you've put in to manage this site! I know if your making changes it will be for the better.
It's like anything else, just takes a while to get used to change. Soon we won't even remember what it use to look like! Thanks for all your hard work!!:Smile:.. It's all good!

GeordyBass
01-24-2010, 12:11 PM
The newer updates made this site wayyyyyy better,,,