PDA

View Full Version : Perris boat inspection in the rain??

Big Ed
01-21-2010, 11:40 AM
Not sure if im screwed or not??

This weekend my bass club is having a monthly club event at Perris and wouldnt you know it my boat seal says DVL. Does anybody have history or info on the boat inspectors at Perris and/or Silverwood for the Quagga in the rain? I really dont care about fishing for show up points or for bragging rights because for the last year ive been fishing our club events for fun and it has been alot more pleasurable than I can ever remember. Go figure, I end up doing better with no pre-fishing!

I drew a young prospective member at our meeting for our club at this event who is so on fire and has the bass bug really bad. He did not get paired up last month due to low boater turnout and more non boaters than boaters. He has pre fished from shore and cant wait to get out in a real bass boat. He told me he even went out and bought rain gear so he could stay dry for this event so it would break my heart to let him down and not go. Waking up Saturday mornings early in my PJ's watching Bassmasters or FLW with a hot cup of 'Joe' sounds pretty tempting when its cold and wet outside doesnt it? Infact thats what I have a DVR for!

I havent fished Perris in a year, all im going on is Pete's awesome reports?

What do you guys think about having to pass a Quagga inspection when its pouring down rain and you have a seal from another lake? I called the lake office and they said rain or shine its clean and dry. Have you guys ever passed an inspection in the rain at Perris?

Thanks; Big Ed!

HuskerRod
01-21-2010, 12:12 PM
Big Ed,

I'm not sure if it is even suppose to rain on Saturday. This whole mess could have passed by then.

None the less, i'm gonna follow your advice and stay home.......you know the cup of Joe snuggled with my two dogs thing...wife be damned.

pappi
01-21-2010, 05:43 PM
hey big ed, i took my boat out to silverwood a month ago after having it sit for 2 years in the element (rain snow wind< and its been registered in nevada its whole life lake mead. there was no signs of the quegga mussle in there) . there was a little dew in the engine compartment and the weather was pretty stormy. the inspection guy was fine with every thing. just be honest with them and they should be cool. after i pulled the boat out of the water i noticed some funny looking crustations on the back of my boat and asked the dfg guy what it was and it was just some kind of fresh water shrimp. there should be no reason why they should not let you in imo.