PDA

View Full Version : Ruby Wednesday - what a GREAT day!

Sue
01-21-2010, 10:06 AM
I haven't fished SARL in a couple of years because I found the staff unfriendly, unhelpful and the fishing kinda crap.

Today, I take all of that back!

I was met at the gate by Lee (?) guy with the long hair, who totally welcomed me, and Pete (who I think was actually hitting on me :Wink: )

Got there around 6.15 this morning (thank you Hitts for waking me up!) and although I couldn't see a bloody thing, I finally made it to Chris's Pond. Found Koshaw (ChucK) and set up next to him with one pole using garlic powerbait.

About 15 minutes later, as I'm setting up my other pole, BANG, the first pole goes BENDOOOOOOOOOOOO. Fish on! Reeled in a nice little one - probably around 1.5lbs, just as dawn was breaking.

About a half hour after that, Pete, Dana and Donna come along and all of a sudden my pole goes Bendoooooooooooo again. Like, serious BENDOOOOOOOOOOO! :ROFL: Again, on garlic powerbait (sorry, i know it's not technically the name for SARL but it is what it is!). Everyone is looking at me - the guys to the left, the guys to the right....this is a nice size fish! As I get it closer to the shore and see how nice it is, I yell for the net! Pete (SARL guy) brings it down and nets it for me. It was a beautiful 4.2lber (official weight per the SARL weightomoter - scale, ok!!! Trying to me funny! :ROFL: ). Oh heck yeah! FISH ON!!!!!! Dana was there to capture the picture, as was Pete From The Lake, and if you're on my Facebook page you'll see ManVsWild posted it immediately! I was STOKED to say the least. It's been two years since I caught my PB (yeah, the stitches one) and this was only half the size but was a fishy of substance!

About a half hour after that, I hooked up another one. Jared (Sierra Smitty), Kaitlin and Bill came over to see us, and then it was time for an awesome lunch. Cheeseburgers, beans, potato salad and chips. NOMALICIOUS!!!! :LOL:

After lunch, I managed to get two more fish in the bag right before the rain came down heavily.

All fish were caught with garlic powerbait, around 6-8" leaders.

Absolutely fantastic time, and a massive THANK YOU to Dana, Donna, the SARL staff, Pete, Lee and Craig. I WILL BE BACK!

Oh crap, I forgot the bit about BigRedKilla!. He gets a bang on hookup. 10lbs at least! He fights it along the shore for like, 10 minutes and everyone is rooting for him. Nice CARP BigRed! :ROFL:

Oh, and I swear, those pictures of the trout on the sidewalk beside my local bar.........nothing to do with me. Honest. No, I swear. Someone put a trout there to mess with people :Wink: :Secret: :Secret: :ROFL:

All pics can be found here as I was having problems uploading them:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/workboresme/sets/72157623256240312/

Rooster
01-21-2010, 10:58 AM
Great report Sue, Im guessing that 4.2 tailwalker put up a better fight then your PB ? Props on getting out there and getting the toad to the nett. :Thumbs Up:

sansou
01-21-2010, 11:07 AM
Great job Sue!

Good looking fish! Way to brave the rain a bit....you're making some of the manly men on the board look bad! lol!

Trout Nine
01-21-2010, 11:31 AM
Nice fish Sue!
WTG out there in the rain!

Santa Fe Eric
01-21-2010, 12:40 PM
Nice work Sue! I love it when you post reports!
You got good flava, girl! :Cool:
SFE

Big Daddy
01-21-2010, 01:30 PM
Sue, Great report and Congrats on those great looking fish you did a fantastic job out there. Thanks for the report. I am sure when people saw that fish on the side walk they were extreamly shocked. You should have took your pole out there with a bobber attached and told people how great the fishing was just outside of the curb dop off. Some would have gone home and got there poles could have been a great laugh. Good job on your fish

Sue
01-21-2010, 01:53 PM
Sue, Great report and Congrats on those great looking fish you did a fantastic job out there. Thanks for the report. I am sure when people saw that fish on the side walk they were extreamly shocked. You should have took your pole out there with a bobber attached and told people how great the fishing was just outside of the curb dop off. Some would have gone home and got there poles could have been a great laugh. Good job on your fish

All the girls from the dance studio next door were taking pictures wondering WTF? We all laughed like loons!

Marley
01-21-2010, 01:59 PM
Nice job Sue! Those 4-, 5- and 6-pound fish are the best.

Granny Fish
01-21-2010, 02:17 PM
Glad you had a nice day out there Sue and caught a fish of substance as well. You deserve it. Would be funny to see the looks on peoples faces as the head out of the bar and a mess of trout are flopping in the puddles outside. That could make for some fun times. Video feed.:Wink:

CASTAWAY
01-21-2010, 05:38 PM
Nice seeing you out there Sue. I knew you had a four pounder I was just jealous...lol Nice stringer you had. To fish with ya again soon....

troutdog
01-21-2010, 06:56 PM
Excellent results Sue! I was very stoked to get the picture MVW sent...fricken awesome! I have a feeling that is one of many solid fish for you to come in 2010 :Idea:

TD

Sue
01-23-2010, 05:16 AM
Awww, thanks for the kind words! It was one of the best days I've had in quite a while and I'm still grinning about the entire day!

CatchthatTrout
01-23-2010, 10:32 PM
It was great to see you out there and that you caught such a beauty. I hooked onto a big one, but it spit the hook when it went airborne. See you at the next Team 57 event.

Mondo21
01-24-2010, 04:54 PM
Nice size fish Sue. You represented the Women of Team 57/FNN .Thanks for the funny post. Hope to fish with you soon. Cindy