PDA

View Full Version : Big waves = big fish.....

Fishbones
01-21-2010, 01:26 AM
I figured id see i big waves = big fish and headed up the coast for a little R&H..thats rest and Halibut.
So i arrived to some monster surf and said oyeah this is going to be fun. I usually start off with a walk to scan the coast for sweet spots ,current breaks, rip tides anything that i think would hold fish. So after a 30min walk i find my first spot wade out in insane water and fish for about 40mins with only 1 bite missed.
I made my way down the coast to fish some harbors and jettys with great sand bars and deep drop offs still with no luck and after about 3-1/2 hours it was time to head back to reality ....too bad i couldnt get bit...weather, water, everything looked perfect...owell nextime....fishbones

DockRat
01-21-2010, 05:24 AM
A For Effort !
DR

murrieta angler
01-21-2010, 07:42 AM
I applaud you for getting out there. I thought about it this morning but just a little to wet for me.
Thanks for the preport and pics.

cjmedina
01-21-2010, 09:34 AM
its a major bummer. i went out and did the same yesterday had a couple of bites that it

Fishbones
01-22-2010, 11:29 AM
thanks ... yeah it looked so good to and in the 3-4 hours spent fishing i covered alot of water too... if you dont try you dont succeed...fishbones

fish_sauce
01-22-2010, 06:32 PM
fishbones,

due to all the run-off from the rain and the turbulent water, its going to be pretty tough the next few weeks. Fish in the surf and inter-tidal zone will seek refuge in deeper water from all the comotion, and on top of that...you have a drastic change in water chemistry (fresh rain water from the rivers), loose debris, and toxic run-off. expect it to be slow, and please be careful out there!

Andrew

Fishbones
01-22-2010, 07:14 PM
fish_sause...good lookin out bro..hooked a biggin lastweek in the foam and got broke off...i cant let him win...big waves and salt foam dont scare me...and i make sure im not fishing any run offs either...fishbones