PDA

View Full Version : Huntington harbor

youngfish
01-20-2010, 10:37 PM
im planning to fish huntington harbor from foot this weekend if weather allows or maybe my tube.. i will probably be starting somewhere off trinidad island since a friend of mine has a slip there. any tips? bait? techniques?

DockRat
01-21-2010, 05:48 AM
I don't know how HH is but Pedro was like Chocolate Milk yesterday. Mostly due to the construction going on at the new marina going in. After these storms I would wait a week before going. High bacteria levels too.

Tuesday I was at Pier 400 all day and the swells came through Angels Gate at just the right angle so there was 10' swells inside the harbor plowing towards LB and they were big enough so that you couldn't see the breakwall from Pier 400 looking towards Catalina.

Take a rain check. DR

Rakie
01-21-2010, 06:57 PM
Not to mention I don't see a way to fish HH on foot, it's all fenced in and no public parking. Every report I've seen is from float tube or kayak. When we used to take our boat out I'd see fisherman lining the shore.. haven't seen that in a LONG time.

youngfish
01-21-2010, 11:18 PM
i might have forgotten to mention, a friend of mine ahs a slip. i was more so just asking for soemt ips. thanks

Rakie
01-22-2010, 11:26 AM
i might have forgotten to mention, a friend of mine ahs a slip. i was more so just asking for soemt ips. thanks

You also mentioned specifically that you would like to fish HH "from foot".

Make up your mind :)

Tight lines,
~Rakie.

vanillagurilla
01-22-2010, 11:47 AM
try chartruse baits. the water is probly going to be pretty bad. if you want to hit nph tomarow i might be interested. HH has no public access to fish so i never go there.