PDA

View Full Version : Filet-O-Fish sandwich

fishmounter
01-19-2010, 07:17 PM
I just found out what kind of fish McDonald's uses for their fish sandwiches. It's called a Hoki and is caught in 1/2 mile deep waters off of New Zealand. They get up to 4 ft. long.
Kinda ugly but tasty...
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m121/fishmounter/HokiFilet-o-fish.jpg

vanillagurilla
01-19-2010, 08:43 PM
how did you figure that out? i would think they would use an eaiser, cheaper fish to catch like tomcod or whitefish.

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
01-19-2010, 08:50 PM
I just found out what kind of fish McDonald's uses for their fish sandwiches. It's called a Hoki and is caught in 1/2 mile deep waters off of New Zealand. They get up to 4 ft. long.
Kinda ugly but tasty...
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m121/fishmounter/HokiFilet-o-fish.jpg

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....ba da ba da ba i'm lovin it...did someone say mcdonalds?

troutslayer05
01-19-2010, 09:05 PM
I saw this on discovery channel they are pretty easy to net and theres alot of them in deep water so that being said i can see why they use them for filet of fishess

BIGRED KILLA
01-19-2010, 09:22 PM
Yea they use this fish a lot cheaper to catch more of them and i guess it passes all the heath/food codes tom cod will not pass.

p.s try Wendys fish sandwich more money but WAY BETTER!!

Bigred

4g63power
01-19-2010, 11:00 PM
Glad to know that they don't use salmon groupers!

jonnyfishon
01-19-2010, 11:21 PM
i am not sure if thats correct, if u ask what kind of fish they use in a filet o fish at mickey Ds they always reply, alaskan pollock

fishmounter
01-20-2010, 06:11 AM
Here check this link:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/10/science/10fish.html?_r=1

DarkShadow
01-20-2010, 08:09 AM
Who thought it was a good idea to put cheese on fish?

sansou
01-20-2010, 09:09 AM
Weird stuff....hoki?

You don't want to know where the McRib comes from. Let's just say it keeps Sasquatch trappers fully employed.

DarkShadow
01-20-2010, 09:27 AM
You don't want to know where the McRib comes from. Let's just say it keeps Sasquatch trappers fully employed.

So that's why City Dad has been AWOL from the site since the McRib made its yearly come back.

Rakie
01-20-2010, 01:06 PM
i am not sure if thats correct, if u ask what kind of fish they use in a filet o fish at mickey Ds they always reply, alaskan pollock

And Jack in the Box was cited several times for selling kangaroo meat.

People lie or are misinformed all the time.

How many people that work at McDonalds could tell the difference between any type of fish ? Id bet almost none of them.

(I've been told they use Salmon before. Why ? Because they use salmon ? No, because the guy I asked said the first swimming creature that came to mind. Not that Pollock is gonna pop in some kids mind ~ Just saying, they have no idea).

Fishbones
01-20-2010, 09:49 PM
its better than lizard fish....

smokehound
01-21-2010, 12:45 AM
Lizardfish are more of a cannery fish. They are edible, Ive pickled them, they taste pretty good when pickled. Similar to true smelt..

They should use jacksmelt for the fillet-o-fish. that would be pretty tasty, and much more nutritious.

But the reality is-- its McDonald's.. they want you to be fat.

Fishbones
01-21-2010, 01:07 AM
"LIZARDFISH" Its a hybrid saltwater snakehead..havnt seen one in a while hummm......LOL:LOL:
what did you do with all the lizardfish "smokehound....LoL

smokehound
01-21-2010, 07:18 AM
"LIZARDFISH" Its a hybrid saltwater snakehead..havnt seen one in a while hummm......LOL:LOL:
what did you do with all the lizardfish "smokehound....LoLI already told you =\

Fishbones
01-21-2010, 11:12 AM
I already told you =\

I would like to try some pickled lizardfish.....

fisherman from long beach
01-21-2010, 11:24 AM
Weird stuff....hoki?

yes i do.i love me some McSpam.

Trout-Chaser
01-31-2010, 10:46 AM
Who thought it was a good idea to put cheese on fish?

I don't know, but I sure like mine that way! Cheese and fish--two of the food groups! :Big Grin:

(Thanks for the tip on Wendy's fish sandwich BigRed Killa--will have to try it.)

BIGRED KILLA
01-31-2010, 06:05 PM
Lizardfish are more of a cannery fish. They are edible, Ive pickled them, they taste pretty good when pickled. Similar to true smelt..

They should use jacksmelt for the fillet-o-fish. that would be pretty tasty, and much more nutritious.

But the reality is-- its McDonald's.. they want you to be fat.

Lizardfish really!!!! I use them for bait for halibut they are not good for you.

GeordyBass
01-31-2010, 10:34 PM
And Jack in the Box was cited several times for selling kangaroo meat.

People lie or are misinformed all the time.

How many people that work at McDonalds could tell the difference between any type of fish ? Id bet almost none of them.

(I've been told they use Salmon before. Why ? Because they use salmon ? No, because the guy I asked said the first swimming creature that came to mind. Not that Pollock is gonna pop in some kids mind ~ Just saying, they have no idea).
mmmmm kanga meat

http://www.marxfoods.com/products/Kangaroo

damn my stomach wouldn't even let me eat pork,let alone Roo! lol