PDA

View Full Version : Mojave Narrows ?

TEAM CASTIN
01-19-2010, 05:02 PM
Hey everyone,I'm going to Mojave Narrows this week,and i'm wondering which lake is doing better, Horseshoe Lake or Pelican Lake..And Where are the hot spots on those lakes?

Thanks,

Low Budget
01-19-2010, 05:13 PM
Both lakes do well last time I hit the narrows pelican was slow moved to horseshoe and hit my limit..any were on pelican and in the back at horshoe sherbert pb was the flavor good luck!!!

M@M
01-19-2010, 05:17 PM
I've always done well at Pelican. From North end and all along west side.(same side you park on) Team Castin did you get my Pm about duct fishing??

TEAM CASTIN
01-19-2010, 05:31 PM
I've always done well at Pelican. From North end and all along west side.(same side you park on) Team Castin did you get my Pm about duct fishing??

I didn't get your "pm" but what did it say ?

M@M
01-19-2010, 05:36 PM
I was asking about the stripers you caught out of the Victorville duct. I also like to fish there. It's a tough place to catch fish for me so far. I was asking when,where and how big were the striper and cats you caught??
What were you using??

TEAM CASTIN
01-19-2010, 06:49 PM
I was asking about the stripers you caught out of the Victorville duct. I also like to fish there. It's a tough place to catch fish for me so far. I was asking when,where and how big were the striper and cats you caught??
What were you using??

Well i used to go there alot,and no luck,then one day i just weent,cuz i felt like i was gonna catch something there today lol..so I went south on mariposa,and when I hit the 15 freeway..thats where i was..where the gates are,and the gates were open..so i used a whole anchovie,,and let it sit..and while the chovie was sitting..i had a red rattle lure..and while i was using that,the chovie got bit about an hour later..and it was a 4 pound striper..and an hour later i caught another 3 pound striper on chovies..and about 10 mintues after that i caught a catfish on mackrel..after that it was DEAD..What kind of luck did you have there?

M@M
01-19-2010, 08:08 PM
I've only fished on the Amargosa side by the 15 fwy. I haven't caught a fish there yet. I will keep trying . Good to hear you caught a couple though. I did catch 1 real nice 16lb striper ( it was BIG) in the last section of Hesperia last week. That's the only fish I've caught in the duct so far. Maybe I'll see you there sometime. Good luck at the Narrows!

TEAM CASTIN
01-19-2010, 08:42 PM
thanks man, But whens the last time you fished the narrows for trout..and were are the best spots to fish on pelican lake?

AngryAgent
01-19-2010, 08:56 PM
thanks man, But whens the last time you fished the narrows for trout..and were are the best spots to fish on pelican lake?

The lake is only a little larger then a pond not that hard to figure out...

troutguy26
01-20-2010, 12:02 AM
pelican fer sure..and anywhere on the lake....as AA said..its only a lil bigger than a pond..hahaha

BackReel909
01-20-2010, 08:02 AM
I just heard the dam at Horseshoe blew out due to heavy rains...might want to give them a call.

AngryAgent
01-20-2010, 08:10 AM
I just heard the dam at Horseshoe blew out due to heavy rains...might want to give them a call.

I'll go over there in a bit a check it out:Envious:

Nessie Hunter
01-20-2010, 08:32 AM
Read they closed the park due to flooding??

With all the rain predicted it may stay closed till it dries up a bit, said they were burming up dirt barriers to direct the rain water flow?? With lots of deep mud etc all over....

http://www.vvdailypress.com/news/victorville-16828-closes-flooding.html