PDA

View Full Version : a new style of 'DUCT FISHING' *wowzers *

kewlwhip
01-19-2010, 02:32 PM
ok, so some of my friends in my work industry know that i am an avid fisherman, and said to me in an email...so we heard you like those stripped bass and were talking about duct fishing...is this it?

lol

FISH ON! stay dry-
kewly

http://laist.com/attachments/la_zach/1-fishinglariver.jpg

incredibly dangerous- but wow...

http://laist.com/attachments/la_zach/3-fishinglariver.jpg

http://laist.com/attachments/la_zach/4-fishinglariver.jpg

Yesterday, photographer and bridge blogger David Kimbrough headed to the Fletcher Street Bridge to take some photos of the river. But what he found was quite unexpected. In his own words, he tells us what happened:

I had stopped by the LA River just to get a few photos of the river in a rage. So I see this guy down there wading on the bike trail in his underwear and bare feet. At first I thought that maybe he was homeless and his encampment had been washed away, but it had been raining for almost 24 hours at this point and, given the strength and speed of the current, there could not have been anything left. He was jumping about waving his arms so I began to suspect that he was, well, crazy.

Then I saw what he was doing: he was grabbing fish. I saw a little carp just wash up on the bike bath and the flop itself back into the water. That black plastic bag was where he had placed his catch. Then, just when I had my camera on him, he reached in and grabbed this enormous carp! It was actually able to fight its way free from his grip but it headed for shallower waters in stead of deeper and he caught it again.

He then put his pants, socks, and shoes back on and walked off home with his dinner in the bag.

David said his name is Jose, or "solamente Jose." Jose called the fish a cahuacha, but it definitely looks like a carp, which can be found in the river, as noted in Jessica Hall's and Joe Linton's guide to fish in the river. Thanks for the story and photos, David!

baitmaster
01-19-2010, 02:47 PM
Crazy stuff, Crazy guy. Way too many people have had to been rescued from those ducts when the water is that high.

Low Budget
01-19-2010, 02:51 PM
That's some only in LA crazy s---- for you!!

Fishthewhaler
01-19-2010, 02:56 PM
That guy is a nut!! That spot is in silverlake, full of huge stripers,LOL . it's a carp tilapia hole, i wonder if that guys knows he's wading in a giant toilet bowl..haha. Thats a crazy spot there where you could either run into problems with homeless, peewee gangsters, or raging weather. years ago, a leader of a local gang killed over a half dozen people on that river before they put him on americas most wanted and caught him. IThe only camera I would bring down there would be a disposable!!
Funny report
FTW

DarkShadow
01-19-2010, 04:28 PM
So THAT'S how these morons end up getting washed down stream.

I always wondered who would be wading around a debris filled river during a major storm, and it appears I have my answer.

Well done, Solamente.

NoHo ART
01-19-2010, 04:52 PM
geordybass keep your relatives out of the river:!!!::ROFL: :ROFL:

marzocchi
01-19-2010, 05:01 PM
That is the 2 Glendale freeway. I have to pass this bridge everytime I go home. That water is moving like nuts right now.

I see people fishing there all the time when I drive home. There was a reality show called Apocalypse. It was either on A and E or TLC channel, where they pretended it was the end of the world and there was a few people living. They would fish from the LA river, filter the water for bathing and drinking. There was episode where they caught some fish by a hand made net. The show was shot a 1 or 2 miles down stream from that picture. It was near my aunts factory. According to the show the fish was safe enough to eat and the water was drinkable after some filtration. Totally Gross.

Love those pictures...lol

kewlwhip
01-19-2010, 09:26 PM
cool- glad you guys dig the read-

hey art- thats low blow lolzzz

cutbait
01-20-2010, 07:33 AM
That guy would fit right in with the Bako Boyz with that haircut

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-20-2010, 09:43 AM
I guess I've been doing things wrong for all these years

TroutOnly
01-20-2010, 09:54 AM
I thought that was you noho with out youre hat,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,kooly,,,,,,,,,,,

Alexi
01-20-2010, 09:00 PM
boy that water looks pretty clean.....that guy better go get some shots and tested for everything under the sun....epecially his mouth after holding that bag in his teeth!

NoHo ART
01-22-2010, 02:56 PM
I thought that was you noho with out youre hat,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,kooly,,,,,,,,,,,

i have dark hair uncle bobby but this guy has white hair like you:Neener Neener::ROFL:
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh293/trufy2000/1-fishinglariver.jpg

GeordyBass
01-22-2010, 03:51 PM
i have dark hair uncle bobby but this guy has white hair like you:Neener Neener::ROFL:
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh293/trufy2000/1-fishinglariver.jpg
LOL Old Man Bob terrorizes trout, bass, stripey, and Now TROUSER TROUT!!! WOOHOOO!!!!:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Slims
01-23-2010, 07:35 AM
I bet if that was a bass everyone would be talking about how he is a poacher without a license.

DEADROOTS
01-23-2010, 08:55 AM
That's my uncle. Don't make fun!

sansou
01-23-2010, 09:23 AM
Uncle Bob, don't do it! You'll get a ticket!

That's also an MLPA designated zone!!

KILLA
01-23-2010, 11:34 AM
I knew a guy who lived on my street a few years back that would throw a whole carp in the microwave and just bite into it ( scales, guts, and all ) Scar'd me for life

pasadenafishin
01-24-2010, 02:19 PM
The show was called the colony

That is the 2 Glendale freeway. I have to pass this bridge everytime I go home. That water is moving like nuts right now.

I see people fishing there all the time when I drive home. There was a reality show called Apocalypse. It was either on A and E or TLC channel, where they pretended it was the end of the world and there was a few people living. They would fish from the LA river, filter the water for bathing and drinking. There was episode where they caught some fish by a hand made net. The show was shot a 1 or 2 miles down stream from that picture. It was near my aunts factory. According to the show the fish was safe enough to eat and the water was drinkable after some filtration. Totally Gross.

Love those pictures...lol

Mondo21
01-24-2010, 04:26 PM
WOW!!!:EyePop:

flytyingreloader
01-25-2010, 05:29 AM
I'll stick to the Owens and June Loop, thanks all the same.

JigStop
01-25-2010, 09:45 AM
If it weren't for those lips it could be a walleye.

Troutman65
02-01-2010, 05:32 PM
Wow, What a trip. Thanks for posting up KOOOOOOLy

fishfinder
02-01-2010, 08:04 PM
This guy is not fishing, He is poaching.
2.00. Fishing Methods--General.
(a) All fish may be taken only by angling with one closely attended rod and line or one hand line with not more than three hooks nor more than three artificial lures (each lure may have three hooks attached) attached thereto. Anglers in possession of a valid two-rod stamp and anglers under 16 years of age may use up to two rods in inland waters which regulations provide for the taking of fish by angling, except those waters in which only artificial lures or barbless hooks may be used. See District Trout, Salmon and Special regulations for exceptions.*
(b) Snagging is prohibited. Snagging is defined as impaling or attempting to impale a fish in any part of its body other than the mouth by use of a hook, hooks, gaff, or other mechanical implement. This definition does not include activities otherwise authorized under these regulations for the lawful use of a gaff, bow and arrow, or spear.
(c) It is unlawful to kill, or retain in possession any fish which has not voluntarily taken the bait or artificial lure in its mouth. Any fish not taken pursuant to these regulations, shall be released immediately back into the water.

oakboy
02-01-2010, 08:29 PM
Thats nasty, i cant image the natiness that fish ate then he is gonna eat it, gross!

vicioustattoo
08-31-2011, 07:02 PM
Poaching is probably the last thing this guy should be worried about. He has to be worried about the dangers of eating that mutant fish! haha! http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-rVz64IizjuY/TZ3jtCNx3eI/AAAAAAAAABw/3HydK9J0mkY/s320/250px-Blinky.jpg

Sublime-Steve
08-31-2011, 09:09 PM
this guy is famous now... Jeremy Raid

4_D_ HALIBUT
09-02-2011, 03:16 PM
If this guy happened to fall in while doing this, there is a possibility of him being rescued by the fire department. But who is going to save him after he eats those fish?

DockRat
09-03-2011, 09:54 AM
LMAO, thanks for re-booting this old post.
It cracks me up how people bag on LA River and talk about it being polluted.
But it is ok to fish and eat Tilapia from the Salton Sea LMAO after being fed by the most polluted
river in N America (US Mexico, or Canada) The New River and Alamo is is 1000 times more polluted
than the LA River.:Dead Horse:
DR