PDA

View Full Version : Fed-x frozen shad....

Fishbones
01-18-2010, 07:50 PM
Ive been doing some lookin around online for a socal frozen bait distributor that sells frozen shad. Ive found alot in texas and back east but havnt been lucky enuff in socal. If anyone knows of one please post or PM me thanks....fishbones

fishfinder
01-18-2010, 08:56 PM
Ive been doing some lookin around online for a socal frozen bait distributor that sells frozen shad. Ive found alot in texas and back east but havnt been lucky enuff in socal. If anyone knows of one please post or PM me thanks....fishbones

they sell them at desert offshore in palmdale, call ahead for availability. these are fresh frozen.

Fishbones
01-18-2010, 09:19 PM
Sweet! whats the avarage size of them and what do they cost?

fishfinder
01-18-2010, 10:06 PM
i haven't actually tried them for a couple years, but i had no luck with them. they were about the size you see at castaic, about 2", and were 3 bucks. you have to call them and see if they have any in stock. i think bobs in bakersfield carries them too.

Fishbones
01-18-2010, 10:20 PM
Cool thanks again...i will try my luck with them...fishbones

basscat
01-19-2010, 06:39 PM
Tried them ones (not frozen but preserved) from Wallymart, but they didn't work and pretty expensive, so don't waste your money on them.

Last time, we got something similar at the 99 Ranch Market, fresh dead, forget the names of them, but you can tell form looking at them..$1.99 lb.

It's not a regular stocked item, as I think they came from an overseas farm.