PDA

View Full Version : Castiac Stripers 1/16

Sierra_Smitty
01-18-2010, 01:51 PM
Hit Castaic on Saturday for a few hours with Ryguy and Jeff1324 or whatever the heck he calls himself.

Had a good time. Fished for LMB for a little while for nada...well Ryguy did get one about 2lbs.

Spent the rest of our time soaking chovies or crawlers for schoolie stripers - needed some fish taco meat and the line sides make great ones.

We put 7 fish in the boat...missed a bunch more bites. For such aggressive fish they sure do have a subtle strike.

Great day out on the water...glad I made it out before the rain came.

Peace,
Smitty

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/130/l_3929046345964fdebe3799af72ceb813.jpg

Fire Ball
01-18-2010, 02:02 PM
Nice to see that you guys did pretty well. I went yesterday and the stripers were just pulling on my bait and just nibbling, but would not fully take it all day. It was making me really mad. I am going to ask RyGuy a couple things about stripers when I see him at Sport Chalet again. I haven't talked to him for a while.

Sierra_Smitty
01-18-2010, 02:14 PM
Nice to see that you guys did pretty well. I went yesterday and the stripers were just pulling on my bait and just nibbling, but would not fully take it all day. It was making me really mad. I am going to ask RyGuy a couple things about stripers when I see him at Sport Chalet again. I haven't talked to him for a while.

Ya, we did pretty good - missed a LOT of fish though, similar issue to what you experienced I would imagine.

When you see Ryguy - tell him that his boss says he's noob.

cappo
01-18-2010, 03:24 PM
you guys were slaying them, we were the in the rental in between you guys. Next time hand us off a fish to reel in. Fish were biting to the right and left of us, just not on our boat.

BassinChef
01-18-2010, 03:53 PM
I got out there too late , they said they were out of rentals???? I hit the dam for about an hour or so throwing plugs, anchovies anything and everything but got the stripe on my back anyway.I hit up the duct after that for the first time interesting experience, got skunked but i can see why everyone likes to get out there.

BassinChef

Sierra_Smitty
01-18-2010, 04:09 PM
you guys were slaying them, we were the in the rental in between you guys. Next time hand us off a fish to reel in. Fish were biting to the right and left of us, just not on our boat.

You got it, next time I'll hand a few off hahaha. I've been in that situation before...frustrating.

Shock
01-18-2010, 04:56 PM
Nice to see you out this way Smitty!!

Glad to see you got on some stripes!!

Wingnut
01-18-2010, 05:34 PM
So that's why you haven't returned my call. lol :Wink:
Careful Jared, those Stripers can be addicting. :Twisted:
Talk to ya soon. :Cool:

jeff4321
01-18-2010, 08:32 PM
just wait til spring dude. WFO

Fire Ball
01-18-2010, 09:57 PM
just wait til spring dude. WFO

What should I be using in spring? :Cool:

GeordyBass
01-18-2010, 10:08 PM
What should I be using in spring? :Cool:
I'll make a list:
Rod
Reel
Line(DONT FORGET THE LINE!!!)
Hooks
Lures(WITH HOOKS!!!)
Weights
Bait

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

JK It'll be sick this spring(at least I hope!)

Nice job smitty, thats a good catch for these conditions!

Fire Ball
01-19-2010, 09:35 AM
I'll make a list:
Rod
Reel
Line(DONT FORGET THE LINE!!!)
Hooks
Lures(WITH HOOKS!!!)
Weights
Bait

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

JK It'll be sick this spring(at least I hope!)

Nice job smitty, thats a good catch for these conditions!

I knew that much Geordy... :ROFL:
I was asking what lures and bait, etc!

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-19-2010, 12:34 PM
congrats on the catches guys...way ta go..

Sweet !
Gary

TroutOnly
01-25-2010, 08:05 PM
I smell anchovies,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,

Captain Castaic
01-26-2010, 06:52 PM
Nice seeing you fellas out there....we ended up with 11

Nice job!

Captain Castaic