PDA

View Full Version : piru is asleep 1.17.10

mrjonez
01-18-2010, 12:15 PM
man, we trolled 5 colors, 6 colors, 7 colors, 8 colors, rapalas, swimbaits, scuba gear, dynamite, grubs, redworms, night crawlers, talkin dirty. nothing was working and everyone we talked to seemed to have the same story. the nice young lady working in the shop told us that they are planning on having a tourney at the end of the month. i sure hope the lake wakes up by then.

fishfinder
01-18-2010, 06:17 PM
That lake has been asleep for 30+ years :ROFL:

fishincrave
01-18-2010, 08:23 PM
You should have offered the trout some cash$$$$, that would have worked. :LOL: j/k man , sorry that you had a though time .
just wait when that lake fills up it's gona be awsome . :Wink:

Sean

Jimbow
01-19-2010, 05:58 AM
last season I caught my limit early on nice trout every trip I made with several days catching and releasing over 25 rainbows at Piru. Actually last year at Piru was the best trout fishing I have ever had for numbers at any lake. And I always fished from shore. I don't think Piru is permenatly asleep and I know its been stocked several times in the last few months. Maybe after these rains it will awaken again with some fat bows.

Agro
01-19-2010, 08:28 AM
Thanks for the report. Trout fishing might be slow there right now but I have heard that there are some very big bass coming out of that lake right now on the swimbaits.

Atlaua
01-19-2010, 12:25 PM
Must have bluestoned the lake....

Fishthewhaler
01-19-2010, 03:27 PM
after therse rains and the water settles a bit, It will be full speed on the bows'!! These rains are just what we need for the lakes. After the chocolate milk settles, it's on. See you out there mrjonez!
FTW

fishfinder
01-19-2010, 03:59 PM
hopefully this rain will fill up the lake by april. its one of the few you can camp at around here. Wish some-one would drop a truck load of stripers in there.:Twisted:

DarkShadow
01-19-2010, 04:19 PM
Wish some-one would drop a truck load of stripers in there.:Twisted:

Yes, because we need another lake and fishery over run by 10" stripers.

Let's not give any ideas to the Bucket Biologists, shall we?

mrjonez
01-19-2010, 04:48 PM
Yes, because we need another lake and fishery over run by 10" stripers.

Let's not give any ideas to the Bucket Biologists, shall we?

with the way things have been going i wouldn't mind if they dumped lizardfish in that mess.

well last year Piru went O double F. rainbows on every cast and crappie and bass were pretty consistent. i'll just wait till the water rises/clears up or book a guided trip to Castaic. i don't trust those little rentals in that big choppy lake. i got stuck with engine failure a few years ago in one of those rentals and had to wait till closing for a patrol to find us. it was well over 100° and had to lay in the water all day.

Jimbow
01-19-2010, 05:27 PM
Go with somebody that knows the lake. Best trout fishing around and plenty of bass, crappie and bluegill. Dumping stripers in that lake would be a sin.:Rolls Eyes:

TroutOnly
01-19-2010, 07:07 PM
MR JONEZ I THINK YOU TROLLING WAY TO DEEP THEY SHOULD BE VERY NEAR THE SURFACE,YOU SHOULD BE TROLLING WITH MONO ON TOP AND NOT LEADCORE,SMALL RAPALAS OR SPOONS SHOULD SCORE YOU FISH,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o

fishincrave
01-19-2010, 07:46 PM
Thanks TO now everyone knows :ROFL: j/k 1 1/2 color if you must troll lead core but otherwise mono .

Sean

fishincrave
01-19-2010, 07:49 PM
hopefully this rain will fill up the lake by april. its one of the few you can camp at around here. Wish some-one would drop a truck load of stripers in there.:Twisted:

No Sir.
can't survive there anyways not enough water flow

BuzzBait
01-27-2010, 09:05 PM
we haven't gone out there recently... been busy working. How's the water level?
we used to catch good fish there in the winter. worms on deeper water. they bite on the fall.