PDA

View Full Version : Closed Tuesday Jan 19 due to Xtreme Conditions

VineAssist
01-18-2010, 11:34 AM
Good morning FNN:

This is very uncommon but the final day of the Mlk derby has been cancelled due to bad weather and low attendance. We will be closed this Tuesday Jan. 19th due to the extreme weather that is heading our way.

We will keep you posted on any furthre closures this week.

Stay dry.
Vineline

Sue
01-18-2010, 12:07 PM
Hope you get to enjoy a well earned day off, Jimmy!

Marley
01-18-2010, 01:17 PM
Sounds like the troll bite is done for awhile. We should have a contest to see who can guess the time the lake spills.
Have a good day off.

tat2 fishhead
01-18-2010, 01:40 PM
so the trolling at the vine slows after a rain fall..?is it cuz the water dirtys up?

Marley
01-18-2010, 03:31 PM
so the trolling at the vine slows after a rain fall..?is it cuz the water dirtys up?

Yeah, it gets pretty dirty witht eh runoff and all. The water from the feeder creeks often looks like molten milk chocoloate. If it rains hard enough to wash all of that muddy water out of the lake as soon as it puts it into the lake, assuming that the lake spills, the water would end up looking pretty good. Several years ago the lake rose 27 vertical feet and spilled in three days and looked really good when they opened back up the next weekend.

Trout Doctor
01-18-2010, 03:41 PM
Hope it clears up soon! I finally have some time off next week!

Weather.com, here I come!

Prowler_Tuber
01-18-2010, 03:55 PM
I guess Ill go fishing at the end of my street, there is a nice flood going on maybe ill catch a cold or some old shoes!

tat2 fishhead
01-18-2010, 04:34 PM
So what about shore fishing effects it the same way?

Marley
01-18-2010, 05:11 PM
So what about shore fishing effects it the same way?

Funnest part of shore fishing after a front like this is actually the skiing. You just have to be careful of the mud at the water's edge, that's all. If the water is dirty, use more scent and shorten your leaders.
One of the fastest days fishing I've yet had was in water that looked like strong chocolate milk fishing with, of all things, a Kastmaster. I caught trout, bass and catfish like there was no tomorrow, just jigging it up and down right on the bottom. I just don't like the uneasy feeing of sitting in a boat and looking out at water that I can't see six inches through. It's like nails on a chalkboard or a high-pitched squeal.

Redside
01-18-2010, 08:44 PM
We had a pretty decent rain today, I am sure they got a lot of runoff at Irvine. If we continue to get the storms this week, maybe the lake will fill completely.