PDA

View Full Version : Structure fishing,Round two! New del mar 1/16

lngbchfnhnter
01-17-2010, 04:02 PM
After my work schedule ruined my plans for some rock fishing on the chubasco. I had to get my fishing fix another way. So i hit up Niel if he wanted to roll with me in doing some structure fishing on a twilight trip off the new delmar in marina del rey. Everything panned out good except, i was a little tired from having only four hours sleep the night before, then working that day and racing home to shower, grab my gear and try to make it to the dock by 6:00.
But having to call the landing that afternoon to check the head count, it sounded perfect.. Only 11 people!!! :Razz:.. But when rolling in the dock,i guess plans changed for alot of them, cuz 11 people turned to 40+ people :Shocked:!!
Turns out, a couple of fishing clubs decided to show up..:Neutral:
But nonetheless everybody had great attitudes,and were ready for a great night of fishing.
We board the boat and off we go to the the Santa Monica bay..

First two stops were slim pickings, but i did see a couple nice sandies coming over the rail. Wasn't till the third stop that the bass were sticking for Niel and i.
http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz208/Inoah11Photos/1B7D.jpg
http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz208/Inoah11Photos/BD56.jpg

Despite the fishing wasn't as good as its been,we had a great time. :Big Grin: The crew were great and well organized. Everyone that worked on the boat where very helpful and had great attitudes... Definitely worth going on again .
I also met some cool people. One of them was Danny(iron only). It was cool meeting you and thanks for the referral! See you on the next trip out there. :Big Grin:
Till next time,Thanks for reading
FISH ON!

JapanRon
01-17-2010, 06:11 PM
Hi lngbchfnhnter,

Nice job all~around ...... sounds like a good, yet cold, trip !! That's a nice Calico. Surely you ...... nah .... never mind .... it wasn't breeder size anyway. ;)

All caught on bait ? Was one of the clubs the MDR Anglers .... the other ?

JapanRon

Iron Only
01-18-2010, 12:36 AM
Hey I didn't see that calico bass, nice work. Yeah that was a fun trip, and nice meeting you as well. Until next time gl on the sand.

victor101
01-18-2010, 08:45 AM
Hold those fish up a little closer LOL... I used to fish the NDM every weekend and sometimes during the week. The crew is real cool...the only downside is the crowds sometimes. Was my twin Brother Victor on the boat?

lngbchfnhnter
01-18-2010, 05:19 PM
Hi lngbchfnhnter,

Nice job all~around ...... sounds like a good, yet cold, trip !! That's a nice Calico. Surely you ...... nah .... never mind .... it wasn't breeder size anyway. ;)

All caught on bait ? Was one of the clubs the MDR Anglers .... the other ?

JapanRon
Thanks ,japan Ron
Actually it wasn't that cold that night, maybe it was the adrenaline in fishing that kept me comfy...

Yeah those fish weren't that big to be breeder size. I didn't keep them any way. After the release of the DFG's new black list, the fish didn't seem to tasty after that..:Neutral:

On the fishing clubs, i know one of them were the Korean fishing club. I didn't catch the other clubs name.
Thanks for the response. JR
See you at pierpoint soon..:Smile:

Hold those fish up a little closer LOL... I used to fish the NDM every weekend and sometimes during the week. The crew is real cool...the only downside is the crowds sometimes. Was my twin Brother Victor on the boat?

Hey now!! :LOL: I had my elbows bent?! LOL!!

Yeah like i said ,i really liked the customer service on that boat. I think that's one of the most important quality's in a successful landing.:Thumbs Up:

On your twin brother?!? Are you referring to the deckie that resembles you? :LOL: Yeah, noticed that! Guess his shift ended, cuz when they showed up to the dock to drop off the previous group of guys,i saw him cleaning fish. Then they left maybe to gas up or pick up some more bait, but when they got back he wasn't there.:Confused:
Thanks for the reply..
p.s. Hows Vegas treating you?