PDA

View Full Version : SARL Sat. night 1/16/10 w/ Son - En Fuego

saintarv
01-17-2010, 02:09 PM
This is probably the last time I fish til my busy season is over in 3 months. Just when the fish is starting to bite. :Crying:

Anyway my son wanted to go with me. :Shocked: I was shocked cause I used to take him when was younger and he sort of grew out of it when he became a teenager. Now his 18 and wants to go fishing again :LOL:. He told me whenever I go he wants to go also. Now I'll have 2 fishing buddies my daughter and son. LOL

Got to the gate at 4:30pm and they let us in at 5pm. Drove to my spot southside of the lake. After setting up my 2nd rod the fish were already biting. My son got busy catching. We caught 4 before 6pm. :Shocked: My son was excited. I didn't even get a chance to set up all my rods because I was too busy netting the fish and rebaiting the rods. The bite was hot from 5pm to 8pm. We had our limit by 9pm. Between our limit we hooked into a big one (I know another fish story Lol) but I was fighting this fish which went all over the place for 15 mins. It went to my neighbors rod and his leader was tangle on my rod.:Shocked: I don't how that happened but anyway he tried to snap his line and I think by doing this he tightened my drag so my line snapped also. :Crying: Man I was just wondering all night what could have been. I am guessing this fish was DD.

Here's my son Vincent waiting for another bite. LOL

http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w348/saintarv/utf-8BSU1HMDAwMjctMjAxMDAxMTYtMTg0O.jpg

Here's our limit your average stockers from 1 to 2lbs.

http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w348/saintarv/utf-8BSU1HMDAwMjktMjAxMDAxMTctMTI0M.jpg

The hot ticket again were mealworms and nightcrawlers. I don't use PB anymore. Sort of graduated from it. LOL I fished SARL 3 times this season. 2 of them were evening sessions and I caught my limit faster compared when I fished during the day. I love night fishing cause it's people and the bite is just as good as the morning session.

Mondo21
01-17-2010, 03:18 PM
Nice job Saint. Good having Family fishing with you. Thanks for your report and sorry you couldn't catch a possible DD. I'm still waiting to catch one. Cindy:Big Grin:

troutdog
01-17-2010, 03:32 PM
Nice job Saint, lets do a night session when tax season is over...hope you are well!

TD

Prowler_Tuber
01-17-2010, 05:54 PM
Good job I bet it was chilly

saintarv
01-17-2010, 09:06 PM
Nice job Saint. Good having Family fishing with you. Thanks for your report and sorry you couldn't catch a possible DD. I'm still waiting to catch one. Cindy:Big Grin:

Thanks Cindy! It was a heartbreaker. LOL

Nice job Saint, lets do a night session when tax season is over...hope you are well!

TD

Thanks TD.......we definately have to do it.

Good job I bet it was chilly

Thanks Prower. It was cold but if you're busy reeling and baiting you can get warm getting a workout. Lol

CASTAWAY
01-18-2010, 12:29 PM
Nice work Saint. But you have got to come out Wednesday bro.... The big fish is going in the lake that day, I heard....lol:Cool:

Redside
01-18-2010, 08:39 PM
Nice job out there, you definitely have night fishing mastered at SARL. In fact, you are probably one of the most consistently successful fishermen I have seen at SARL. Thank you for your posts.

saintarv
01-18-2010, 10:08 PM
Nice work Saint. But you have got to come out Wednesday bro.... The big fish is going in the lake that day, I heard....lol:Cool:

Thanks Casty. Wish I can go Weds. but I can't take anymore days off for awhile.

Nice job out there, you definitely have night fishing mastered at SARL. In fact, you are probably one of the most consistently successful fishermen I have seen at SARL. Thank you for your posts.

Thanks Red. Night fishing is cool cause there are no crowds.