PDA

View Full Version : Castaic Lagoon - 1/16

Ffejrobins30
01-16-2010, 08:47 PM
Hit the Lagoon this afternoon between 1:30 and 4:30. Fishing has been very slow there recently if you are hitting it from shore since all the LMB are out in deeper water. Every trip out has only yielded one fish so far this year, but I was determined to make today different.

I rigged up the dropshot in my normal spot for a couple hours and got absolutely nothing, so I decided to see if the point on the east shore was free. Since the dropoff there is fairly steep compared to the rest of the shorline, I figured it would be the best place to hunt.

So I tied on a 6" bright pink Robo with a 1/2 wieght and gave it a good swing. I got about 60 ft. out and started bouncing and retrieving VERY slowly, this is the key. I got 2 hits in 2 casts, missing the first one, but nailed the second. It brought in a nice 3 lbr.

I sat there a little while and about 45 minutes later I found a baby. It was a 10" LMB and VERY thin. Almost no girth to the thing. It felt like I got caught up in some pesky weeds rather than fighting a fish. It was less than 1 lb.

No pics, but at least they are out there, you've just got to be slow and really put it out there.

Tight Lines all!

Fire Ball
01-16-2010, 10:01 PM
At least you got a nice 3 lber. Last time I fished from shore at the Lagoon it was terrible and even worse because Robo Bass and my other friend wanted to say at the pier almost the whole time, lol. I hate the pier for bass!!! How deep do you think you were able to get your Roboworm? I got a fish finder from NoHo Art for my float tube, so I am excited to hit the Lagoon next weekend and test it out! I'm going to the upper lake once again this weekend in the boat.

Robo Bass
01-17-2010, 08:08 PM
At least you got a nice 3 lber. Last time I fished from shore at the Lagoon it was terrible and even worse because Robo Bass and my other friend wanted to say at the pier almost the whole time, lol. I hate the pier for bass!!! How deep do you think you were able to get your Roboworm? I got a fish finder from NoHo Art for my float tube, so I am excited to hit the Lagoon next weekend and test it out! I'm going to the upper lake once again this weekend in the boat.

Lol don't blame it on me. 3lber is pretty nice, hopefully shore fishing in the lagoon picks up soon

Fire Ball
01-17-2010, 08:27 PM
Lol don't blame it on me. 3lber is pretty nice, hopefully shore fishing in the lagoon picks up soon

I don't care about shore fishing, lol. Hopefully all LMB fishing at the Lagoon picks up. I bet the fish finder will be able to help us out.