PDA

View Full Version : This is Only a Test: NPH 1-15-10

Santa Fe Eric
01-15-2010, 09:02 PM
This is only a test! This is a test of the Santa Fe Eric Bay Fishing and Report Writing System.
Test # 1 Reading a tide chart.
The tide chart shows that the incoming time will peak at --- at around 9AM and then the water will start flusing out of NPH and back toward the Ocean beginning at around 10 AM. There will be a lot of water moving. Can Santa Fe get in on some of this action.
Test#2 Launching the Boat
Santa Fe has only taken the Porta-bote or the Kickboat to NPH and has never launched his Glastron in Saltwater.
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk176/Santafeeric/002-1.jpg
Test #3 Fishing when the fish are.
Santa Fe is limited on time with home projects. Can he time it right and fish the Bay during his 3 hour fishing window and catch a fish? Santa Fe’s previous trips are about 8 hours with about 1 fish per hour on average.
On the water at 10AM
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk176/Santafeeric/003-1.jpg
Test #4 Fishing where the fish are.
Santa Fe has demonstrated previously that he can locate the fish on his kickboat and in his Porta-Bote. Can he maneuver his Glastron effectively enough to get on the Skinny Water Fish or can he develop new spots and modify his technique to be successful in the Glastron?
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk176/Santafeeric/005.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk176/Santafeeric/006-1.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk176/Santafeeric/007-1.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk176/Santafeeric/008.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk176/Santafeeric/009.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk176/Santafeeric/010.jpg
Total fish Caught:
6 Spotties
2 Sandies
Baits used:
AA grubs in Chartreuse and Tomato
Can you guess that other plastic? It aint Gulp!
Line:
6# P-Line
Bonus Material:
Santa Fe and Patch in October
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk176/Santafeeric/045.jpg
Santa fe and Patch in January

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk176/Santafeeric/012.jpg

BIGRED KILLA
01-15-2010, 09:08 PM
Sweet report Eric nice job on the NPH bass attack also your dog looks like he grew just a little lol.

You said this was your first time taking your boat out in the salt make sure you flush her out with fresh water and give her a good shower.

Bigred

HESBROS
01-15-2010, 09:15 PM
Nice Boat Eric, when we going fishing? You coulda came and picked us up? Nice day for you though.

My wife wants to know why you are not showing her store any love?????
Where you been going??????

murrieta angler
01-15-2010, 09:26 PM
Good job out there Eric.
Also remember to clean the brake system as well the back side of your rims on your trailer with water also.
Can Patch walk...:Wink: Why you always carrying him...:LOL:

Thanks for the report and pics.
Robert

Santa Fe Eric
01-15-2010, 09:42 PM
Sweet report Eric nice job on the NPH bass attack also your dog looks like he grew just a little lol.

You said this was your first time taking your boat out in the salt make sure you flush her out with fresh water and give her a good shower.

Bigred
Yep! My dog grew just a little:Razz:

Nice Boat Eric, when we going fishing? You coulda came and picked us up? Nice day for you though.

My wife wants to know why you are not showing her store any love?????
Where you been going??????
Hello HESBROS,
Tell BW I needed a store that carries 4XL Waders. I still remember how nice she was when I returned those 2XL waders that I couldn't get above my calves:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Good job out there Eric.
Also remember to clean the brake system as well the back side of your rims on your trailer with water also.
Can Patch walk...:Wink: Why you always carrying him...:LOL:

Thanks for the report and pics.
Robert

Dude! You just made me spit out my Corn Pops! Thanks for the humor and response!

Rakie
01-15-2010, 10:05 PM
Grats on the nice day !!!

I should have gone today, hopefully parking will be reasonable on the weekend ~

Tight lines,
~Rakie

GeordyBass
01-15-2010, 10:10 PM
NICE JOB ERIC!!!!!

Thats a good catch for your little session brotha!!!

A tip, put the rods on the other side so they dont break by accident:Wink:

Again Nice Job Brotha!!!:Envious:

Ifishtoolittle
01-15-2010, 10:51 PM
One fish an hour my @$$! Nice job dude!

Wingnut
01-15-2010, 11:00 PM
Big "E"! I guess things have settled and you finally found some time to fish! :Big Grin: Great to see another report from you my friend. Nice session in the NPH, I'll make my way back there very soon. :Cool:
You & you pop going back to Parcher's this year? :Wink:

fisherman from long beach
01-16-2010, 09:51 AM
nice job out there,i need to learn how to launch my boat solo.and your dog is gettin big.

Jaysuuun
01-16-2010, 11:32 AM
Sweet ride! Hmmm... lemme guess that other plastic is some kind of tadpole/mudskipper imitation?

flyngby
01-16-2010, 09:03 PM
Eric,

How much time did it take you to train "Patch" to be such a great assistant?:Envious:

I picture you backing it down the ramp, releasing "Patch's" seat belt next to you, releasing the very nice ride into the water and then there is "Patch" proudly sitting on the dock with a firm grip on the dock rope allowing you time to jump out and get it tied off before it floated away!!!!!::ROFL::ROFL:

Great to see you back on the water again and on a new platform! It is so much easier to get around to the hot spots in those times when we are limited for time with more "Horse Power" even though the MPH Limit is a whopping "5".

All kidding aside!

Looks like you had a great time on the water and hope to return to "OUR HARBOR" again together my friend!

Oh! I almost forgot. Nice Fish!!!!!

Steve

Granny Fish
01-16-2010, 10:27 PM
Your pup is getting big! Nice dog by the way. I'm glad to hear you finally broke the Glastron in on the salt. Looks like a good time was had.

PONTOON
01-16-2010, 10:58 PM
Eric, I was so excited to see a SFE report that I had to read it! Awesome job on the bass and getting the Glastron in the water! It's good to see you did well and right in my backyard.......well sorta.:LOL: I was just there last weekend visiting with my apprectice after he moved his family into the trailer park right near where you were fishing. I promised to show him some fishing areas now all I have to do is show him your report.:Thumbs Up::Thumbs Up:

Santa Fe Eric
01-17-2010, 07:45 PM
Grats on the nice day !!!

I should have gone today, hopefully parking will be reasonable on the weekend ~

Tight lines,
~Rakie
Thanks Rakie! Stick with it and you will have a blast in NPH!

NICE JOB ERIC!!!!!

Thats a good catch for your little session brotha!!!

A tip, put the rods on the other side so they dont break by accident:Wink:

Again Nice Job Brotha!!!:Envious:
Thanks Geordy!
I appreciate the tips!

One fish an hour my @$$! Nice job dude!
:Embarrassed::Embarrassed::Embarrassed: You are right! I definitely beat my average!
Thanks for the response.:Cool:

Big "E"! I guess things have settled and you finally found some time to fish! :Big Grin: Great to see another report from you my friend. Nice session in the NPH, I'll make my way back there very soon. :Cool:
You & you pop going back to Parcher's this year? :Wink:

Yes Sir, Wingnut! Things have settled! My goal is to wake those Winter hali's up! Not sure about parchers yet! You going?

nice job out there,i need to learn how to launch my boat solo.and your dog is gettin big.

I know what you mean! I'm still in the learning phase of solo launching, but I did pretty well on that day! yeah! Patch is getting pretty big! Thanks for the response!:Cool:

troutdog
01-17-2010, 07:49 PM
Way to go out there Eric, 3 hour window or not...fish will fall to a Legend! Thanks for sharing your day in 3rd person :LOL:

Got the check btw, thank you sir!

TD

Santa Fe Eric
01-17-2010, 07:53 PM
Sweet ride! Hmmm... lemme guess that other plastic is some kind of tadpole/mudskipper imitation?

Jaysuuun! Thanks for the props! It is a plastic sand eel! that was on clearnace at Johnny's Tackle Shop in Pasadena!

Eric,

How much time did it take you to train "Patch" to be such a great assistant?:Envious:

I picture you backing it down the ramp, releasing "Patch's" seat belt next to you, releasing the very nice ride into the water and then there is "Patch" proudly sitting on the dock with a firm grip on the dock rope allowing you time to jump out and get it tied off before it floated away!!!!!::ROFL::ROFL:

Great to see you back on the water again and on a new platform! It is so much easier to get around to the hot spots in those times when we are limited for time with more "Horse Power" even though the MPH Limit is a whopping "5".

All kidding aside!

Looks like you had a great time on the water and hope to return to "OUR HARBOR" again together my friend!

Oh! I almost forgot. Nice Fish!!!!!

Steve

Thanks Steve! I appreciate the feedback! Patch did not actually go on this trip:ROFL:. The horsepower definitely hepled because the water was moving soooo fast that I never could have gotten around in the Portabote during this tide! Looking forward to wetting a lkine with you again my brother!

Your pup is getting big! Nice dog by the way. I'm glad to hear you finally broke the Glastron in on the salt. Looks like a good time was had.
Yeah G-Fish 2 years of being scared to dunk it! I'm glad that I did it.
My Pup is great and eating alot! See you on the water!

Eric, I was so excited to see a SFE report that I had to read it! Awesome job on the bass and getting the Glastron in the water! It's good to see you did well and right in my backyard.......well sorta.:LOL: I was just there last weekend visiting with my apprectice after he moved his family into the trailer park right near where you were fishing. I promised to show him some fishing areas now all I have to do is show him your report.:Thumbs Up::Thumbs Up:
Thanks Pontoon! I was excited to have something to write about! Your apprentice can have a field day throwing chartreuse grubs around that area! See you soon!

Santa Fe Eric
01-17-2010, 08:01 PM
Way to go out there Eric, 3 hour window or not...fish will fall to a Legend! Thanks for sharing your day in 3rd person :LOL:

Got the check btw, thank you sir!

TD
You are too funny TD! Next time I'll be sure to be in 1st person! I should write as me, not about me:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:. Glad you got the check cousin, now will you release my bunny rabbit?:Secret: Just teasing, You deserved to win our FNN Fantasy Football League!:Cool:

kgselect
01-18-2010, 04:10 PM
Good job at NPH. Nice to see that the spotties are still biting. Beautiful lab. They aren't puppies for very long. Our labbie is 85lbs of crazy loving energy. Great dogs. OH, and I love Johnny's Sport Shop in Pasadena. Great speciality sport/fishing store.

Fisherman57
01-18-2010, 06:01 PM
Very nice work and congrats on the Glastron's "maiden" salt voyage......
looks like it was fun!

Hope to see you soon buddy!.... and hope to see you at the Parcher's event again this year!

Santa Fe Eric & Santa Fe Patch........ LEGENDARY!

Dana

Santa Fe Eric
01-21-2010, 05:02 PM
Good job at NPH. Nice to see that the spotties are still biting. Beautiful lab. They aren't puppies for very long. Our labbie is 85lbs of crazy loving energy. Great dogs. OH, and I love Johnny's Sport Shop in Pasadena. Great speciality sport/fishing store.
Labs are great! I havent had a dog in over 20 years and I am excited every time I spend time with him.
Johnny's Tackle Shop is the best! Especially if you need something fixed or to learn a technique.

Very nice work and congrats on the Glastron's "maiden" salt voyage......
looks like it was fun!

Hope to see you soon buddy!.... and hope to see you at the Parcher's event again this year!

Santa Fe Eric & Santa Fe Patch........ LEGENDARY!

Dana

Thanks Dana,
I'm working my way toward finding out if Parchers is in my cards this year. I really want to go. I had a great time last year! I know these things fill up fast. So I'll get on it!

The Maiden Voage was a blast! More reports soon!

Eric