PDA

View Full Version : Hit the lagoon again. (no pics)

murrieta angler
01-15-2010, 05:21 PM
Well, I had 3 hours to kill this morning since I was down in S.D. I got to the beach at 9:15 and didn't leave until 12:15.
When I arrived the waves were crashing so hard today that it was making all the water in the entire jetty go back into the lagoon...:Shocked:
I knew that high tide had passed and I would wait it out to see if my instincts were correct about the conditions in relations to the tide heading out.
I was absolutely correct, and although I didn't bring in any fish today I did hook up to 2 but lost them both..:Sad:
They were both halibuts and 1 of them had jumped out of the water, about 20 feet out and to the left, that was my first hook up after 2 tries. I say it was about 18 inches, before it came off my LC110 in zebra sardine.
I was using my older rod and reel since I was getting nothing with my new stuff.
Even though I didn't get nothing I am really pleased with myself. All the help everyone has provided to me with thier reports and pm's are paying off..:Big Grin:

SO A BIG THANKS TO ALL OF YOU THAT HIT THE SURF & CONTRIBUTE YOUR EXPERIENCES.....:Big Grin:

Take care & God Bless all of you.
Robert

cjmedina
01-15-2010, 06:36 PM
sweet. were you under the bridge? did you see a guy standing on the jetti fishing?

Wingnut
01-15-2010, 07:57 PM
Dang... I hate it when that happens. :mad: Don't worry Robert, your dedication & persistence will pay off in a big way very soon. :Wink: Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing. :Cool: I'm dying to get back out there myself as soon as conditions improves... might be at least another week with the incoming storms. :Neutral:

Rakie
01-15-2010, 08:00 PM
Dang... I hate it when that happens. :mad: Don't worry Robert, your dedication & persistence will pay off in a big way very soon. :Wink: Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing. :Cool: I'm dying to get back out there myself as soon as conditions improves... might be at least another week with the incoming storms. :Neutral:

LOL, yeah, the storms have me down as well. Hopefully I'll get a lot of chances to head out after this coming week.

Blue skies and clear water incoming !

Tight lines,
~Rakie

murrieta angler
01-15-2010, 09:29 PM
sweet. were you under the bridge? did you see a guy standing on the jetti fishing?

I didn't see anybody fishing, and only 1 surfer in the water.
I was on the other side of the road, towards the tracks.

murrieta angler
01-15-2010, 09:34 PM

Hey Arthur,
I just like being out there.
I'm headed out tomorrow with DeanHall on the Chubasco II for the 5-6'er. Hopefully get me a ling cod for dinner tomorrow, or even a YT. I'm not sure where that boat goes though. It will be my first time out on it.

p.s. This is great golfing weather you know...:Cool:

Take care,
Robert

Santa Fe Eric
01-15-2010, 09:34 PM
Keep at it! You will have those fishing bending to your will in no time flat!

NooB SaBass
01-16-2010, 05:00 AM
Sorry to hear about the lost Hali's and the 110 T.T
Just like when we went out lol least your good for 2 Hali's a day!...now landing them... ya work on that 1 lol...
Conditions been little bad I was reading the newspaper while at work 6-9 foot waves off our coast at some points... surfer's happy at least lol....

murrieta angler
01-18-2010, 09:14 AM
Keep at it! You will have those fishing bending to your will in no time flat!

Thanks Eric, it's just a matter of time..:Smile:

Fishbones
01-23-2010, 11:01 PM
dang halibut must be crossed with a large mouth....jump and spit...aaahh..no worries...it was only 21-1/2" ...now its ready for you with a full 22" to show...LOL...go and get em....fishbones