PDA

View Full Version : Charter Recommendation

glumace
01-14-2010, 10:27 PM
I'm putting together a 30-35 person charter for a Sunday in April for a group of parents and kids who have not fished much before (and a few of us who have). Want to do an all day to Catalina with the group. Been calling around and have a few ideas of what landing I want to go out of and the boat and some pricing, but just wanted to ask if anyone has a recommendations for family/kid friendly boats and crews in the So Cal area, and maybe a deal :Smile:. Remember, the majority of the group will be newbies. Thanks! PM me if you dont want to post a reply.

Ricky-Ray
01-14-2010, 10:40 PM
Freelance out of Davey's Locker or Patriot out of Newport Landing if your in the OC area. They are very good and are use to lot's of people being new to the sport.

Tradition out of Redondo Sportfishing would be another choice if your in the Redondo/Torrance area.

Freelance is a nice boat. They have a sun deck with tables and seats so people can sit on the sun deck and enjoy the weather and what wildlife they see on the way to Cat or even eat lunch up there.

Tradition has a "hide away" so to speak where there's tables in there too where probably at most a dozen or so people could get out of the weather if they wanted to.

Not sure about the Patriot out of Newport, it's been a while since I've been on that boat.

Just something to consider along with crew and how well the boat is.

glumace
01-14-2010, 10:45 PM
Thanks, Torrance is my old stomping grounds but is a bit far for the rest of the people, most will be coming from North OC and LB/area. I'm the farthest out in Orange.

Ricky-Ray
01-14-2010, 11:01 PM
IMO, the Freelance would probably be the way to go then. Rides low in the water, VERY spacious for 30-35 anglers. It can take 90 max. Book ASAP with them as they get booked with alot of private charters especially on the weekends and ESPECIALLY when summer rolls around.

sansou
01-15-2010, 01:33 AM
Support the guys that support this message board: TRADITION.

murrieta angler
01-15-2010, 07:46 AM
Support the guys that support this message board: TRADITION.

I would say Tradition also.

They get to the island the quickest and if most are new to the ocean, less ride = less sickness.

Another thing is they are a GREAT Staff willing to help.

I would pm Jackpot Jimmy and he could probably set you up with a number to contact and don't hesitate to ask for some type of discount regarding this site when speaking to the Captain...:Big Grin:

Good Luck and have fun no matter what boat you charter.

Mojave River Angler
01-15-2010, 08:06 AM
I'm voting for the Tradition as well. Been on the boat a couple of times recently and I think they have a good balance of skill and service orientation.

MRA

glumace
01-15-2010, 09:09 AM
Thanks, PM'd Jimmy and will look into the Tradition.

Jackpot Jimmy
01-15-2010, 04:44 PM
PM sent Sean!