PDA

View Full Version : Spro BBZ1 Rainbow trout, which one?

Agro
01-14-2010, 08:56 PM
Hey guys,

Im just getting into the big bait scene and looking at purchasing a BBZ1 in the rainbow trout color. Which one should I get? Floating, slow sinking or fast sinking?

Thanks!

bsp
01-14-2010, 09:30 PM
Slow Sink since it's more versatile. You can wake it on top or let it sink down to your desired depth.

AngryAgent
01-14-2010, 10:54 PM
If you're fishing for LMB's get a Huddleston. If you're fishing for stripers get the BBZ.

Slow sink if you're only going to have one

Fire Ball
01-15-2010, 09:48 AM
If you're fishing for LMB's get a Huddleston. If you're fishing for stripers get the BBZ.

Slow sink if you're only going to have one

Get Huddlestons for everything! The only problem is that the stripers can rip them up pretty badly sometimes! You can get 2 Hudds for the price on 1 BBZ I think.

calico killer kevin
01-15-2010, 02:39 PM
Get Huddlestons for everything! The only problem is that the stripers can rip them up pretty badly sometimes! You can get 2 Hudds for the price on 1 BBZ I think.
And you can get 8-9 for the price of one 3:16 Armageddon. What's your point? Don't feel like losing $40 BBZ-1's bouncing the bottom, use a Hudd. Try waking a Hudd.

bsp
01-15-2010, 03:39 PM

Hudds are definitely not the answer for everything. They are the best baits for bottom bouncing (if you're Hudds' noses aren't beat up they aren't being fished right), but like CKC said for waking or for running a bait in the upper few feet of the water column hard baits definitely are better. Hudds are good deadsticked on top, but if you are trying to wake them it won't be too effective.

You can also make hardbaits do stuff that Hudds can't. A Hudd can't do a 180 underwater or walk the dog.

As for the 3:16 Armageddon comment, I'll never get rid of mine... not even for 10 Hudds! :ROFL:

If you are serious about hardbaits though, I'd save up and look at some of the other ones that are available. BBZs are great baits for stripers since they're durable, catch fish, and are pretty cheap as far as swimbaits. For largemouth though, check out Triple Trouts. Definitely a better quality bait (solid resin vs. hollow, plastic), and get devoiured by bass. 8in or 7in would be a good size to start out with to build your confidence.

Fire Ball
01-15-2010, 04:03 PM
And you can get 8-9 for the price of one 3:16 Armageddon. What's your point? Don't feel like losing $40 BBZ-1's bouncing the bottom, use a Hudd. Try waking a Hudd.

You can't beat the action of a Hudd and they aren't that expensive, but they aren't perfect for everything. Hudd's are proven to catch HUGE bass though. Do you see anyone catching 19 lb bass with BBZ's? I didn't think so! :ROFL: The floating BBZ is really cool though. One of my friends has one and I tried it out for a little while. I guess having Butch teach me everything I know about swimbaits and swimbait gear makes me bias toward Hudds.

Astrolux
01-16-2010, 08:29 AM
You can't beat the action of a Hudd and they aren't that expensive, but they aren't perfect for everything. Hudd's are proven to catch HUGE bass though. Do you see anyone catching 19 lb bass with BBZ's? I didn't think so! :ROFL: The floating BBZ is really cool though. One of my friends has one and I tried it out for a little while. I guess having Butch teach me everything I know about swimbaits and swimbait gear makes me bias toward Hudds.

How long have you been fishing man, a few months maybe?? For somebody as young and inexperienced as you are, you tend to come off as a bit of a know it all. Hudds are decent baits and they have a purpose, so are BBZ's. Just because you haven't seen someone catch a 19 pounder on a BBZ personally doesn't mean it doesn't happen. You should think a little more about what you say before you start giving everybody advice.

samgann93
01-16-2010, 09:52 AM

kinda cocky eyyy???? i know your super cool cause butch has showed you a few things. but coming off cocky like that on this board will get you no where quickly.

Ive seen 30lb+ stripers caught on bbz's but havent seen that happen on a hudd. does that mean that a bbz is way better than a hudd. noooooo. both baits have a time and a place to fish. if i am fishing for lmbs than id probably pick up a hudd. if im fishing anywhere near the bottom ill pick up a hudd. but ive im trying to get a topwater bite or an upper water column bite ill take a bbz over a hudd any day.

samgann93
01-16-2010, 09:55 AM
Hey guys,

Im just getting into the big bait scene and looking at purchasing a BBZ1 in the rainbow trout color. Which one should I get? Floating, slow sinking or fast sinking?

Thanks!

hey man,

if i had to get one it would probably be a floater just because i have witnessed how awesome the blow ups are on them. the slow sink is most versitile though.

Heres the cheapest place ive found them...
http://fishermanswarehouse.com/shop/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=1372

buy 2 for free shipping. =]

AngryAgent
01-16-2010, 10:01 AM
Hudds are definitely not the answer for everything. They are the best baits for bottom bouncing (if you're Hudds' noses aren't beat up they aren't being fished right), but like CKC said for waking or for running a bait in the upper few feet of the water column hard baits definitely are better. Hudds are good deadsticked on top, but if you are trying to wake them it won't be too effective.

You can also make hardbaits do stuff that Hudds can't. A Hudd can't do a 180 underwater or walk the dog.

As for the 3:16 Armageddon comment, I'll never get rid of mine... not even for 10 Hudds! :ROFL:

If you are serious about hardbaits though, I'd save up and look at some of the other ones that are available. BBZs are great baits for stripers since they're durable, catch fish, and are pretty cheap as far as swimbaits. For largemouth though, check out Triple Trouts. Definitely a better quality bait (solid resin vs. hollow, plastic), and get devoiured by bass. 8in or 7in would be a good size to start out with to build your confidence.

This is the best post of this thread:Worship:

Look plain and simple, Huddleston's aren't great striper bait period. They are a great LMB bait and IMO the best LMB swimbait. Now you have to decide what you are going to be fishing more and choose accordingly. Triple trouts are another awesome hard bait and the action on them coming through the water is unbelievable. Personally I wouldn't even throw a BBZ for stripers:Wink:

Fire Ball
01-16-2010, 11:33 AM
How long have you been fishing man, a few months maybe?? For somebody as young and inexperienced as you are, you tend to come off as a bit of a know it all. Hudds are decent baits and they have a purpose, so are BBZ's. Just because you haven't seen someone catch a 19 pounder on a BBZ personally doesn't mean it doesn't happen. You should think a little more about what you say before you start giving everybody advice.

Sorry dude, I don't want to seem like a know it all and I was joking around with the 19 lb bass part. :LOL:
I gave some advice, then Kevin made me get pissed off so then I wrote some more stuff without thinking.

kinda cocky eyyy???? i know your super cool cause butch has showed you a few things. but coming off cocky like that on this board will get you no where quickly.

Ive seen 30lb+ stripers caught on bbz's but havent seen that happen on a hudd. does that mean that a bbz is way better than a hudd. noooooo. both baits have a time and a place to fish. if i am fishing for lmbs than id probably pick up a hudd. if im fishing anywhere near the bottom ill pick up a hudd. but ive im trying to get a topwater bite or an upper water column bite ill take a bbz over a hudd any day.

Butch has caught 20+ lb stripers on Hudds. I agree that BBZ's have their place, but I have a bias toward Hudds. Kevin attacked me (I don't know if he meant to) so then I replied aggressively. Some of the BBZ's are pretty sick, but I am cheap therefore I think "Hey, why get a $50 swimbait when I can get a $25 swimbait that is just as good or better for most things (not waking)?" Also, Butch only uses Hudds so obviously I would also like Hudds best. I'm not trying to be cocky. If you read my other posts, I am not cocky and love to get help from others and love to help people if I can.

calico killer kevin
01-16-2010, 12:05 PM
Attacked you? I meant no harm at all.

Just called you out for giving false info.

samgann93
01-16-2010, 12:57 PM
Sorry dude, I don't want to seem like a know it all and I was joking around with the 19 lb bass part. :LOL:
I gave some advice, then Kevin made me get pissed off so then I wrote some more stuff without thinking.

Butch has caught 20+ lb stripers on Hudds. I agree that BBZ's have their place, but I have a bias toward Hudds. Kevin attacked me (I don't know if he meant to) so then I replied aggressively. Some of the BBZ's are pretty sick, but I am cheap therefore I think "Hey, why get a $50 swimbait when I can get a $25 swimbait that is just as good or better for most things (not waking)?" Also, Butch only uses Hudds so obviously I would also like Hudds best. I'm not trying to be cocky. If you read my other posts, I am not cocky and love to get help from others and love to help people if I can.

thats fine butch has caught them. he has caught more big fish on a hudd than most people could ever dream of. no one is trying to discredit butchs skills/catches. however, you wont get to much use out of a hudd after a couple of stripers. they rip them up. it is better to post from your own experiences rather than sharing some of butchs. lol.

i dont think kevin was attacking you by the way. maybe just letting you know when your wrong...

GeordyBass
01-16-2010, 04:23 PM
lol.... Kids hahahaha,,, we are too inexperienced to be giving them info.... let them give us info and show us how to fish, then when were old like them, we'll give other kids some tips and info....

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::Secret:

Fire Ball
01-16-2010, 04:54 PM
thats fine butch has caught them. he has caught more big fish on a hudd than most people could ever dream of. no one is trying to discredit butchs skills/catches. however, you wont get to much use out of a hudd after a couple of stripers. they rip them up. it is better to post from your own experiences rather than sharing some of butchs. lol.

i dont think kevin was attacking you by the way. maybe just letting you know when your wrong...

Btw, I don't think you guys realized this, but in my first post when I said "everything" I meant both stripers and LMB, not every technique. It is just a preference that I like to use Hudds for both and I don't wake them or anything so I don't have the need for a BBZ. Plus I said you can get 2 Hudds for the price of a BBZ and for me that is significant because I am really cheap. :ROFL: When Kevin made a remark about that, I think that is what triggered me. Maybe I just interpreted it wrong, I don't know. For stripers, yes I guess it would be better in the long run to buy a BBZ instead because it will be able to take the abuse better.

SoCalSteve
01-18-2010, 02:30 PM
This was an old friends fish...some of you may remember his face.

IT WAS ON A BBZ at the lagoon.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y82/RogerH310/Fishing/Trophy%20Largemouth%20Bass/DSC06934.jpg

Moral of the story...baits are like tools...there is always a "right" tool for the job...there is a time to use hardbaits and a time to fish the hudd.

Fire Ball
01-18-2010, 02:45 PM
This was an old friends fish...some of you may remember his face.

IT WAS ON A BBZ at the lagoon.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y82/RogerH310/Fishing/Trophy%20Largemouth%20Bass/DSC06934.jpg

Moral of the story...baits are like tools...there is always a "right" tool for the job...there is a time to use hardbaits and a time to fish the hudd.

Wow Steve, that thing is huge! Do you know how much it weighed?
Yes, there definitely is a time for each!