PDA

View Full Version : Piru 1/12

poet6400
01-14-2010, 01:53 PM
went to piru with the pops. started @ 830 from shore. caught a stocker hold-over on a single hook with a nightcrawler (around 10). the stock truck rolled up around 1230pm. about an hour later my dad got hit 3 times in a row and landed 2 of them (on a panther martin). i got my second one on a castmaster around 3. total fish taken=4 . i was fishing from shore north of the boat launch. water was really low, but surprisingly calm. fish ranged from 10-14 inches.

p.s. no luck with the power bait

socalfab
01-15-2010, 08:34 AM
Its nice to see a Piru report and way to go on the couple of trout. I was there on new years day and I was amazed at how low the water was. I hope we get some good rain soon. My family is going camping up there at the end of febuary and hopefuly we can get in on some of those rainbows. Thanks for the report.

KID-FISH
01-15-2010, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the report, must have been cool to see the truck roll out and dump some fish for you. Hopefully the water levels rise a bit with the rain coming up. Doubt it will make much of a difference, but you never know with mother nature. Keep them reports coming.

KF

gotstofish
01-15-2010, 08:57 PM
Tried on wednesday with my son.Fished near the launch ramp with crawlers and garlic dip for nothing.Fished only a short time from 10:30 to 12:30 had to go visit family and left late.Sounds like I should of been casting.Didn't use power bait or lures because of the weather,thought they wanted the worms.Thanks for the report.

Fishthewhaler
01-16-2010, 02:15 PM
Doubt it will make much of a difference, but you never know with mother nature. Keep them reports coming.

KF

piru happens to be a very good lake. It has a tendency to have its ups and downs, but ALWAYS bounces back. come spring time we will be slaying crappie, gills, trout, and the bass bite is best there may june july IMO...give piru a little more respect there...
ftw