PDA

View Full Version : Fast limits out of Lake Success(Porterville)

barneybasher1010
01-14-2010, 12:54 PM
Got my limit of trout in a couple of hours this morning. They were biting Power Bait.
The lake is coming up fast. It came up about a foot while I was there, but the water is still clear.

FISH ON
01-14-2010, 05:10 PM
your in the trout barney. how long you been fishing success. water getting near the bridge yet ??? any bass action at all barney. speaking of clear water reminds me of back in the day story. i was in my boat just south of tule inlet in a cove in about 18-20ft water and it was so clear i could see every detail of the bottom. as i was tripping on how clear i noticed looking towards shallow end of cove the water was dark like black and was getting closer to me quickly. the whole cove was turning from very clear to black right in front of me. it actually startled me. when the blackness finally got to my boat i could see that the black cloud was a school of at least 1000+ carp in the range of 1lb - 15lb moving to deep water. it was a trip.

barneybasher1010
01-14-2010, 06:36 PM
I grew up here, so I been fishing it all my life(32years). The water is not even close to the bridge yet. I havent heard of any bass yet.( i did catch 1 on monday about 10" on a night crawler)
They are tons of carp here. Last year around March or so we were catching 10-15 pound carp on live shad. That was fun.:Envious: