PDA

View Full Version : Good Overnight Boats near the South Bay

bsp
07-09-2007, 09:15 AM
Does anybody know any good overnighters that go after tuna that are within a one hour drive of the South Bay? I am asking because the 3hr drive down to San Diego is much too long to do with any regularity. If I have to do it to catch tuna I will, but I was wondering if there are any alternatives. Feel free to post any good or bad comments about boats. Thanks.

hakaveli
07-09-2007, 09:16 AM
Does anybody know any good overnighters that go after tuna that are within a one hour drive of the South Bay? I am asking because the 3hr drive down to San Diego is much too long to do with any regularity. If I have to do it to catch tuna I will, but I was wondering if there are any alternatives. Feel free to post any good or bad comments about boats. Thanks.

a few newport boats are getting them but not as much as SD

SanDimasLMB
07-09-2007, 04:41 PM

Tide Chnge out of Daveys Locker in Newport Beach or Toronado out of Pierpoint in Long Beach or a couple of other boats from 22nd Strret in San Pedro and Berth 55 in Long Beach

farmacist
07-09-2007, 08:23 PM
The thing you have to keep in mind is that all the boats, no matter where they're coming from, are going to the same general area. Usually that seems to be 40-100 miles southwest. So if you leave longbeach or redondo you have to spend that much more boat time driving down to get to the spot, and obviously the same amount coming back. This cuts into precious fishing time. Obviously there are variables, but in general, if the SD boats are going south to get the fish then it's quicker to drive 70mph for a couple hours on the freeway than it is to take a boat going 20nmph. I just wish the fish would come up further north and stay closer to the coast :D Then the SD chumps would be driving up here to get on a tuna boat :twisted:

- farmacist

bsp
07-10-2007, 01:32 PM
Thanks for all the info.