PDA

View Full Version : long beach pierpoint landing?

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
01-13-2010, 11:16 PM
looking for some help on getting some kids to get fish on...my wifes a teacher for a middle school in compton and some of her students hit the pier and my wife a.k.a "fishrgirl": told them how much we like fishing. so we planned to meet up with the kids at the pier and fish with them, there good kids just tryin to get tight lined..before we moved from long beach about 7 years ago, this used to be my old stomping grounds where i would litteraly be out there for days waitin on an anchovie or squid bait and wait to only get croackers..i haven't been there in years..i was wondering if there is any other types of fish to target there and what baits and rig to use..any help would be appreciated and the trip is on sunday..thanx again guys

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
01-14-2010, 06:39 AM
any suggestions? bump?

mrfishcado
01-14-2010, 06:58 AM
Try fishing 6 to 8lbs test with cut chovies or squid. Really basic. Have fun.

fisherman from long beach
01-14-2010, 08:13 AM
a big game ,i really dont know what the name of the set is (i believe the sabiki rig) idk for sure its a line with 5-6 hooks with lil fly lookin things.lol,but if your just want to have fun i see guys catchin alot of macs this way.im sorry i dont know the name of the set up.

DockRat
01-14-2010, 08:04 PM
. so we planned to meet up with the kids at the pier and fish with them,

Pier fishing at Pierpoint Landing ?

Are you talking about Belmont Pier or the Short Piers across from the Queen Mary ?

Pierpoint Landing is a landing.

DR

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
01-14-2010, 10:51 PM
Try fishing 6 to 8lbs test with cut chovies or squid. Really basic. Have fun.
thanx bro, thats what i used to catch croakers on over there..

a big game ,i really dont know what the name of the set is (i believe the sabiki rig) idk for sure its a line with 5-6 hooks with lil fly lookin things.lol,but if your just want to have fun i see guys catchin alot of macs this way.im sorry i dont know the name of the set up.
yeah bro, that's them sabiki riggs..they hit those crazy like at the piers, but where i am going it's a landing and have yet to see a mack run through there. than fish L*B...

Pier fishing at Pierpoint Landing ?

Are you talking about Belmont Pier or the Short Piers across from the Queen Mary ?
Pierpoint Landing is a landing.

DR
yeah those d*r, tring to see if there is anything other than croackers out there..i got some info from worker at bass pro shop that frequent nph..he gave me some good advice and tips on what lure to use and where..i'll throw something up when catch or don't catch..

Matador1238
01-14-2010, 11:10 PM
Carolina Rig or Dropper loop with shrimp.....catch Croakers all day