PDA

View Full Version : Hesperia Duct Striper

M@M
01-13-2010, 08:36 PM
THEY ARE HERE!! Caught my first and it was worth all the hours I've been putting in. Now I KNOW THAT THEY ARE HERE! Wasn't expecting such a big fish for my first. Very HAPPY! Caught at 10:30 on 3/4oz Rat L Trap. I've been trying to figure out how to put up pics. These are the only ones I could get on here so far. Don't do it justice. Weighed 16ibs 34" long 20" around!:Big Grin: Will have to do for now until I learn how to do this computer thing.
Thanks Bill for use of scale. I can't figure out how to get the pics you took on here yet!:Confused:

Would of posted a better report but i'm wore out been messing with this computer for hours!

sansou
01-13-2010, 08:39 PM
Solid fish man!

Your time and perserverance has paid off!

Fire Ball
01-13-2010, 08:42 PM
Awesome first duct striper! I need to hit the duct sometime. Good job!

Jig-Guy
01-13-2010, 08:47 PM
Hay Mike (M@M) glad I could help out with the scale. This made my day when you came by my home to show me this outstanding catch. That fish had its head and tail sticking out of your cooler. I knew instantly that it was bigger than 10 pounds. I bet it would have been 16 1/2 pounds if we weighed it when you caught it.

You will get the pictures up, then you can show me how to do it.

Again congratulations on such a great DUCT striper.

Jig-Guy / Bill

yolo
01-13-2010, 08:51 PM
THEY ARE HERE!! Caught my first and it was worth all the hours I've been putting in. Now I KNOW THAT THEY ARE HERE! Wasn't expecting such a big fish for my first. Very HAPPY! Caught at 10:30 on 2/3oz Rat L Trap. I've been trying to figure out how to put up pics. These are the only ones I could get on here so far. Don't do it justice. Weighed 16ibs 34" long 20" around!:Big Grin: Will have to do for now until I learn how to do this computer thing.
Thanks Bill for use of scale. I can't figure out how to get the pics you took on here yet!:Confused:

Would of posted a better report but i'm wore out been messing with this computer for hours!

Right on! I told you they were there. You put a bunch of time in and it paid off with a DD as your first duct striper. I was determined to get you on one as best as I could because you put the time in and I was happy to share my duct knowledge. In the end though, I think that the persistence just paid off. Good freakin' going man!!! Now repeat after me. There are no fish in the duct :LOL:

Seal, go get yours bud! They are there :Wink:

4_D_ HALIBUT
01-13-2010, 09:03 PM
Looks like all your hard work paid off in a big way. Nice fish!!!!!!!!

cutbait
01-13-2010, 09:21 PM
Way to go... What a beast..

Best news I've heard all day.

You hit that hard and it payed off..

Yolo is right. Persistance... and you my friend have a lot of it

M@M
01-13-2010, 09:25 PM
Hay Mike (M@M) glad I could help out with the scale. This made my day when you came by my home to show me this outstanding catch. That fish had its head and tail sticking out of your cooler. I knew instantly that it was bigger than 10 pounds. I bet it would have been 16 1/2 pounds if we weighed it when you caught it.

You will get the pictures up, then you can show me how to do it.

Again congratulations on such a great DUCT striper.

Jig-Guy / Bill
Thanks Bill, looks like it could be awhile till I figure it out!!

Right on! I told you they were there. You put a bunch of time in and it paid off with a DD as your first duct striper. I was determined to get you on one as best as I could because you put the time in and I was happy to share my duct knowledge. In the end though, I think that the persistence just paid off. Good freakin' going man!!! Now repeat after me. There are no fish in the duct :LOL:

Seal, go get yours bud! They are there :Wink:

Zoli. thanks again for all your help! I definitely feel blessed to have caught this one. It's funny because after the first couple hours today I was getting into the self pity mode thinking to myself "man I just can't seem to ever get a bite"
"I'm going to have to take a trip to Palmdale and see what I'm doing wrong".
Then WTF! I was blown away when I saw the size. Never expected That.
Then it was all about I hope I don't lose it. I'm really happy I didn't lose my first hook-up!!

M@M
01-13-2010, 09:35 PM

Thanks Cutbait!
To be honest I was really having my doubts! Your encouragement and tips keep me going out and giving it another shot and It's just nice enjoying the outdoors!

yolo
01-13-2010, 09:38 PM
Careful man. It's like crack. You just can't get enough. Welcome to duct fishing. As a good duct fishing friend once told me "once you get one you ain't worth a phuck after cause you keep looking for the next one". Truer words have not been spoken.

M@M
01-13-2010, 09:44 PM

Careful man. It's like crack. You just can't get enough. Welcome to duct fishing. As a good duct fishing friend once told me "once you get one you ain't worth a phuck after cause you keep looking for the next one". Truer words have not been spoken.

Your right! I'm Jones'n already! I would of gone back this afternoon if I hadn't been messing around on this computer for so long! I'm going back tomorrow if there's not a storm. Who knows maybe even if there is a storm.

kpn
01-13-2010, 09:55 PM
Mike,
Congrats on your first Duct striper and a DD too! You are in a BIG trouble now :LOL:!!!! It will makes you come back for more :Wink:.
I can't wait to see more report from you.

KPN.

M@M
01-13-2010, 10:09 PM
Solid fish man!

Your time and perserverance has paid off!
Thanks! and thanks for this FNN site!

Awesome first duct striper! I need to hit the duct sometime. Good job!
Thanks It was a good day!

Looks like all your hard work paid off in a big way. Nice fish!!!!!!!!
Appreciate it!

Mike,
Congrats on your first Duct striper and a DD too! You are in a BIG trouble now :LOL:!!!! It will makes you come back for more :Wink:.
I can't wait to see more report from you.

KPN.

Thanks! It was already becoming a habit! and your right... NOW I'M REALLY IN TROUBLE!!! ha ha

Good night All!

HelloBendo420
01-13-2010, 10:27 PM
hell yeah! DD, you earned this one man

steve092
01-14-2010, 05:58 AM
Good to hear that you finally hooked up!

And it's a beast!

sawoobley
01-14-2010, 06:25 AM
Wooooooooooooohoooooooooooo!!!!!! :Dancing Banana:

Thank you for catching something in Hesperia.

It is only an hour away for me whereas Palmdale is over two hours!

I can know justify fishing the duct there since I know there are good fish in there.

:OMG!: Nice fish by the way. I only dream of catching a fish like that, but not for long.

RamboBoy
01-14-2010, 06:38 AM
Nice work you had paid off !

Nessie Hunter
01-14-2010, 08:01 AM
Most excellent job.. Congrats!!!!!!!!
Dang PIG of a fish also = TOAD!!
Looks on the fat side, so must be eating pretty good also...

Right place, right time, right bait, right presentation *BAM* !!

Now you need a photobucket FREE account and you can easily bury us with pics..

Deyymonayy
01-14-2010, 08:59 AM
wow that is a sick fish, looks like there are fish there after all, congrats on such a great first fish, keep up the hard work

coty
01-14-2010, 09:11 AM
congrats on the catch........ that thing is a nice looking fish...

seal
01-14-2010, 09:14 AM
You beat me to it! How the heck am I gonna top that?

Mojave River Angler
01-14-2010, 09:21 AM
There ain't no fish it that duct!

Way to go man. I don't have the patience for that kind of payoff. I give a body of water 3 chances to pony someting up. After that I'm moving on. Thats why I'm still a noob.

MRA

Low Budget
01-14-2010, 09:22 AM
Way to go bro!! You been putting in some time finally paid off for you!
That's Your first to many!! You never forget your first!!keep pulling them out!
Keep it wet!
Jay
LBFS

fish4keep
01-14-2010, 09:32 AM
Never give up and it will pay out. Congrats....

teejay
01-14-2010, 12:06 PM
Wow! Very nice fish. I wish that I had your patience:Envious:

Swank909
01-14-2010, 12:55 PM
I've read your posts and i know you've worked hard for it. You deserved it man! Congrats!! :LOL:

Lipripper93561
01-14-2010, 02:33 PM
I guess you could expect to see a few more heads out Hesperia way now day. Nice pull there...reading your post reminded me of when I started fishing the duct.....I think I had at least 10 trips until I hooked up, but hooked now and can't keep it off the mind. Good luck out there.

trail blazer
01-14-2010, 03:00 PM
EXELENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,,,,,,
I new your persistence would pay off ,,,,on the ole trusty rattle trap even,,,,,,,GREAT JOB!

TRAIL BLAZER

M@M
01-14-2010, 04:51 PM
THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE POSITIVE COMMENTS! ... I really got lucky!
Went back out today, snagged and lost my lucky Rat L Trap.
I'll let you all know if I ever catch another one, but after fishing for 5 hrs today
I realize THERE ARE NO FISH IN THE DUCT!!!!:Big Grin:

msos
01-14-2010, 04:53 PM
THEY ARE HERE!! Caught my first and it was worth all the hours I've been putting in. Now I KNOW THAT THEY ARE HERE! Wasn't expecting such a big fish for my first. Very HAPPY! Caught at 10:30 on 2/3oz Rat L Trap. I've been trying to figure out how to put up pics. These are the only ones I could get on here so far. Don't do it justice. Weighed 16ibs 34" long 20" around!:Big Grin: Will have to do for now until I learn how to do this computer thing.

I would love to try duct fishing some day but don't have any experience.

M@M
01-14-2010, 05:08 PM
I would love to try duct fishing some day but don't have any experience.

It's not all that much different than fishing anywhere else..except THERE ARE NO FISH IN THE DUCT!!! ha ha

BackReel909
01-14-2010, 05:25 PM
YESSSS!!!!!!!Great fish!!!!!I knew you were going to get one sooner or later man , but a fatty like that????Wow!!! I am blown away.
Congrats on the piggy , you earned that one!

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-14-2010, 06:13 PM
Sweet fish, huge congrats to you..

SaWEEEET !

Nice girthy feesh!

Nothing pleases me more than to see someone go out and fish the duct with limited or no success BUT KEEP POUNDING IT !

And get a nice fat payday…

That’s the way the duct cookie crumbles….
Ya gotta Pay if ya wanta play

You paid some dues and your number came up…

I’ll bet you feel so much better about the time you put into it now..

I really hope you paid close attention to the method you were retrieving your lure at and the depth you were running at, I’d bet it was the lower water column as is pretty common.

But I guess my point is….

REMEMBER
Reproduce !
Re-create

Get out there and get on another one !

Real nice work and again congrats on breaking that Hesperia Duct Skunk off your back.

I’ve been wanting to head out there for quite some time now and still will but it will probably be in a month or 2 .

Stay on ‘em.

Sweeet ! Nice Job !
Congrats
Gary

fish4keep
01-14-2010, 06:31 PM
THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE POSITIVE COMMENTS! ... I really got lucky!
Went back out today, snagged and lost my lucky Rat L Trap.
I'll let you all know if I ever catch another one, but after fishing for 5 hrs today
I realize THERE ARE NO FISH IN THE DUCT!!!!:Big Grin:

That 40lber and yours were probably the last two. They were trying to mate but guess that's out of the question..... :Shocked::Secret::LOL::ROFL:

yolo
01-14-2010, 06:58 PM
THERE ARE NO FISH IN THE DUCT!!! ha ha

Dang you learn quick :LOL:

abbfanuc
01-14-2010, 07:16 PM
Oh hell ya! Congrats on the DD!

Was the duct flowing? and did you hit up your usual spots?

gonna hit it up the duct on my way to palmdale friday afternoon.

fishinone
01-15-2010, 12:48 PM
Congrats on the toad.

How far did you walk all told?

How many casts did you make?

That makes it all worth it. Doesn't it?

M@M
01-15-2010, 03:35 PM
Sweet fish, huge congrats to you..

A special thanks to you Gary, Yolo and my other coaches here on FNN. :Smile:

If you make it down here I'm willing to show you around if I'm not working.
That way I could also learn something. The odds are still WAY in Mr. Stripey's
favor

[QUOTE=fish4keep;423085]That 40lber and yours were probably the last two. They were trying to mate but guess that's out of the question..... :Shocked::Secret::LOL::ROFL:

:ROFL:After fishing another 7-8hrs the last 2 days I think you could be right. ha ha

Oh hell ya! Congrats on the DD!

Was the duct flowing? and did you hit up your usual spots?

gonna hit it up the duct on my way to palmdale friday afternoon.

Duct not flowing check your pm

Congrats on the toad.

How far did you walk all told?

How many casts did you make?

That makes it all worth it. Doesn't it?

It did feel good. I was just happy to have caught one. NEVER EVEN IMAGINED
ONE THAT BIG!! IT WAS HUGE TO ME!!:Smile:

M@M
01-15-2010, 04:09 PM
YESSSS!!!!!!!Great fish!!!!!I knew you were going to get one sooner or later man , but a fatty like that????Wow!!! I am blown away.
Congrats on the piggy , you earned that one!

I was blown away too!! Thanks.