PDA

View Full Version : Negotiating a deal on a new boat?

mooneypilot
07-09-2007, 08:46 AM
Hello Everyone,
I will be shopping for a new boat soon, but am lost when it comes to price negotiation part. I know the game very well with new cars, but this boat purchase is a bit different. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jack :shock:

Rick Grover
07-09-2007, 03:54 PM
Couple of things to consider. Boat Dealers are much different than Car dealers in many ways. An average Car dealer sells about 250-300 cars a month. A big Boat dealer sells that many a year. Most Car dealers work on "Backside" profit where they are telling you they will show you the invioce and sell you that car for $100-500 over. They are making most of their profit in Backend money and Rebates from the MFG. Most Boat dealers do not have the backend holdback like the car business so their $ is mostly made on the front end price. Alot depends on the Brand you are looking at also. With Tracker product the prices are all nationally advertised and are the same everywhere and are non-negotionable. The "Haggle" is already taken out by just giving the consumer the best price up front. The exception with Tracker is non-current model year product and most Dealers have special pricing on those. For non-advertised Boat lines the dealers all set the price and it is up to you to shop your best deal. Most dealers will always also give you better pricing for in-stock inventory as they want to move the product on the showroom floor. Hope this will help you get started. Rick G.- Anglers Marine

mooneypilot
07-18-2007, 09:32 AM
Thanks Rick for the info. Guess I'll wait for the winter clearance sales.

Jack :?

Sparky70
07-19-2007, 01:29 AM
You might check out the boat shows, they have some really good deals. Also if your not in a hurry, wait until the end of summer, you can find some really good deals then.