Hometown
01-12-2010, 10:17 PM
And guess who's coming with?

Norm Chow.

:Cool:

and the NCAA commitie

The Angler
01-12-2010, 10:58 PM
I cant believe Pete Carrol is going to just Abondon USC. I guess he realized the huge mess he caused over there and jumped ship before **** hits the fan.

KaliDawgFan
01-13-2010, 04:19 AM
Conserve your energy for those consistently underachieving Bulldogs! :LOL:

TD

and USC did so well this year also

MAN VS WILD
01-13-2010, 09:38 AM
Pete Carrol is gone. Lane Kiffin is back as the head coach. Ed Ogeron is back. He is a big time recruiter and help put those championship teams together. Monty Kiffin Defensive Coord. He has a awesome defense. Now USC is working on bringing back Norm Chow from ucla for offensive coordinator. That's almost the whole championship staff back minus Carrol and Sarkesian. No drop off.

blackberg
01-13-2010, 11:39 AM
Pete Carrol is gone. Lane Kiffin is back as the head coach. Ed Ogeron is back. He is a big time recruiter and help put those championship teams together. Monty Kiffin Defensive Coord. He has a awesome defense. Now USC is working on bringing back Norm Chow from ucla for offensive coordinator. That's almost the whole championship staff back minus Carrol and Sarkesian. No drop off.

Yup, If Chow makes it back, t should be a good season, regardless of the NCAA thing. And Carrol skipping town was probably the best bet since he doesnt have to talk to the NCAA anymore, noticed how the investigation was "ended" right after he left.

-bb

DarkShadow
01-13-2010, 12:29 PM
..., noticed how the investigation was "ended" right after he left.

-bb

It ended, really?

Last time I heard, ncaa violations follow the school, and not the coach.

KaliDawgFan
01-13-2010, 12:38 PM
It ended, really?

If they followed the coach then USC would be inheriting 6 violations with Kiffin.

DarkShadow
01-13-2010, 12:46 PM
If they followed the coach then USC would be inheriting 6 violations with Kiffin.

Precisely.

In any case, I don't think Petey Carroll had much to do with Reggie Bush getting paid 300k while playing for SC.

Sanctions are coming down to USC football. Don't know where people are getting the impression that the violations that occurred have now vanished simply because a head coach is gone.

blackberg
01-13-2010, 04:37 PM
It ended, really?

I never said anything about violations, I said investigation. The investigation was completed right after Carrol left. He had no obligation to talk to the NCAA after he left SC since he is not part of the NCAA system anymore. Anything he knows or doesnt know doesnt matter anymore, from the investigation.

-bb

murrieta angler
01-13-2010, 08:04 PM
Bringing back those coaches isn't going to do much since most of the high schoolers who were going to commit to USC commited somewhere else after Carrol left.
In my opinion, those coaches who cheated should be punished, no matter where they go.

KaliDawgFan
01-14-2010, 04:44 AM
In my opinion, those coaches who cheated should be punished, no matter where they go.

I agree, but like I posted before you'd also be inheriting 6 violations with Kiffin's staff. I don't have a problem with Monte, Orgeron or any of those guys. I just don't like Kiffin.

troutdog
01-15-2010, 03:17 PM
and USC did so well this year also

You want to compare notes over the past decade? Kali the "dawgs" haven't had teeth since 1980, where you even alive the last time GA won a national title? :Wink:

TD

DarkShadow
02-05-2010, 01:17 PM
http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/offbeat/100205-Next-Tiger-USC-Recruits-13-Year-Old

And the circus has officially arrived at USC.

In Kiffin's defense, I guess it is cheaper to buy a recruit a copy of Madden 2010 and some Swank mags, than it is an Escalade.

Go Trojans!

KaliDawgFan
02-10-2010, 12:24 PM
You want to compare notes over the past decade? Kali the "dawgs" haven't had teeth since 1980, where you even alive the last time GA won a national title? :Wink:

TD

They most certainly have had bite this decade. UGA finished the 2002 season #3 with a 12-1 record (Richt's second year). Unlucky for them there were some undefeateds that year. They also finished 2008 ranked #2. USC obviously has done better, and I never said I didn't like USC under Pete. I just think Lame Queefin is a douche...and quit winking at me. You're weirdin' me out. :Wink: