PDA

View Full Version : Pvr 01-08-10

BrownTrout
01-12-2010, 12:44 PM
i stopped at PVR with my wife friday on our way to mammoth. we were going to fish for a few minutes and kinda hike around to enjoy the scenery. not expecting much other than a small rainbow or two we brought one rod each and the tackle bag. i put a pearl mini jig on about 100 yards past the dam and on my second cast nailed a 3lb 22 inch brown! he hit, i felt the weight and knew it was a brown, then he peeled about 10 yards of my 2lb line. i fought him for about 5 minutes before landing him. personal best for me!

there were 2 older gentlemen fishing a little ways down from us, thanks for the net! without them there i would been screwed. one fish made the trip worth it. top it off with snowboarding mammoth it was a great weekend.

we also hiked down to the gorge. water was cold, saw a few fish but nothing would bite.

Mr Bendo
01-12-2010, 07:50 PM
Nice work on the jig!!!

MammothMagic
01-14-2010, 04:45 PM
Right on sure would like to see a pic. Way to start off a trip. I love snowboarding but it would have been hard to stop fishing after a 3lb brown.

GdHkSet1
01-14-2010, 07:29 PM
Congrats on that PB brown on 2lb-5 min. landing that must have been fun. Glad you had a net near by.

deanhall32
01-15-2010, 09:02 AM
Good fishing story!! Isn't it beautiful walking up that road and seeing the reservoir wind through the gorge??

BrownTrout
01-15-2010, 12:42 PM
thanks:Big Grin: i have a pic, just waiting to upload to to the computer. i will post it up when i do.

deanhall- yes very beautiful scenery up there, especially this time of year. i love it up there.