PDA

View Full Version : Big Butt off p.c.h.......thats Halibut...geez

Fishbones
01-11-2010, 11:06 PM
Pulled up to park just off pch..weather was nice,swells were huge..almost didnt fish there cuz it was rough but decided to take a walk up the beach and just scan the coast for that sweet spot aka the honey hole...everyone has one..so anyway i must have walked 3miles up and down the coast just cruising scanning the shore, I think i was enjoying the beach more than anything.After all i decided to go back to my honey hole that ive produced from before.i pull up and i swear i could sense it..that something was going to happen so i walked up to the spot and noticed that the tide was down and saw things that i never seen when the water was up...like structure and rocks and a rip tide affect right in front of me so i tie on a 1oz yellow leadhead with my favorite a 3" basstrix in smelt pattern and pointed my rod like babe ruth use to do...lol and casted away... ok first cast i notice alot of current while winding and bouncing of the plastic and continue with a second cast out to the foam and big breakers. i started to work it about half way when a big wave came in dragging my plastic in and giving me some slack so i started winding and thought its already close i might as well wind it in all the way and cast again so i continued to wind when all of a sudden my reel stops dead and i feel this heavy thumping-shaking of my rod and i knew it was a fish so i set the hook and held on it pulled about 6 good zings from my nice coffee grinder and it was off...by its power and the way it was fighting i knew it was a big butt.....im pretty bummed and kinda upset but i never give up.......i will be back tomorrow for round two.....fishbones:Angry::LOL:

DockRat
01-12-2010, 08:30 AM
Nice! Go back and get um.
DR

flyngby
01-12-2010, 06:17 PM
Take the knowledge learned today and get her next time!!

Steve

murrieta angler
01-13-2010, 07:12 PM
The main thing is, you tried!
I look forward to your next post when you have a pic of a monster hali..:Smile: