PDA

View Full Version : Motorguide shaft length

BassnRack
01-11-2010, 08:49 PM
I ordered a new Motorguide 105lb. thrust 45" shaft from tackle warehouse on Black Friday. Still haven't got it. Motorguide keeps pushing the arrival date further back. I need to get my new trolling motor here soon so I can install before my Jan 30th tourney. I don't want to put my old motor back on, then take it off to put on the new again.

The question: Has anyone put a 50" shaft on a bass boat. This is the only one tackle warehouse has in stock. I would go elsewhere, but I'm saving $200 bucks!!!My current motor has worked great with a 42" shaft, except for Izzy on a super windy day. I'm just wondering if there are any disadvantages!!!! Trolling motor doctor said it was a pain because you have to raise the motor each time so the motor doesn't hang over the mount???

Thanks in advance!!!

FISH ON
01-11-2010, 10:06 PM
ill bet you already know this site. but if not here you go.http://bbcboards.zeroforum.com/zeromain

fishfinder
01-12-2010, 10:12 PM
dont know what they are charging you for shipping, but i bought mine at amazon.com and the shipping is free, and no sales tax.

BassnRack
01-14-2010, 09:17 PM
Got the 105 lb. thrust motor for $850. The problem is, I don't got it! :{ I got 20% off and no shipping. Did have to pay sales tax though.