PDA

View Full Version : 7/8 Twilight on the SoCal.....WFO

reckless_m@
07-09-2007, 12:45 AM
Havent done the twilight thing in awhile so I hopped on the Southern Cal outta Pierpoint for some post hung-over twilight fishin. Super light load of about 10 anglers. First stop pretty much "got her done". We basically had our limits of turd rollers by about 8:30pm. All plastics fish.....color didnt matter, and swimbaits/whams.....didnt really matter. These fish wanted to die. Hell I got 3 fish off the same backlash, they wouldnt let me get it out before I got bit! I got about 12 bass on the first stop.....all on 5in fish traps in various colors. Capt. Frank decided to give another spot a try since we were almost limited out on the bass. 2nd spot had a few more bass here and there, a bit slow, but a small spot of cuda decided they wanted to play and it was on from there. Started wingin my swimbaits out there instead of bouncin off the bottom and grinding em in as fast as I can to get the cuder to bite. I got 6 barracuda on the same 5in purp/black fish traps fished on the surface. Pretty darn fun lil late night cuda bite that isnt to common on the twilight trips! Anyways, damn good day fishing! Get out there guys, fish are biting! :D

LBCBaller
07-09-2007, 06:21 AM
Nice report, I love fishing the twilight, especially since the only real time I can fish is in the late afternoon/night since I work all day :evil:. Also like to hear that the plastics are getting'em.

JapanRon
07-09-2007, 12:20 PM
Hi reckless_m@,

Huh ? .... What? .. the plastics Worked? :P WTG on the WO action!! I really like to fish that boat. With night-blindness getting worse, I don't try to fish twilights anymore.

I've been meaning to use this black and purple swimbait called the 'slider' supposed to be a hot albie plastic on top next time! Thanks for the idea.

Was Ryan or Stan decking?

Await your next adventure,

JapanRon

reckless_m@
07-09-2007, 12:48 PM
Hi reckless_m@,

Huh ? .... What? .. the plastics Worked? :P WTG on the WO action!! I really like to fish that boat. With night-blindness getting worse, I don't try to fish twilights anymore.

I've been meaning to use this black and purple swimbait called the 'slider' supposed to be a hot albie plastic on top next time! Thanks for the idea.

Was Ryan or Stan decking?

Await your next adventure,

JapanRon

Like you know JapanRon, they always work! Im a 95% artificial guy, so its always the rubber or the plug. I used a bunch of colors throughout the night, green grunion, golden brn bait/orange belly, purple/black , and sardine on a 1.5 ounce custom painted heads. I was fishing straight 50lb powerpro to boot! Frank was skippering and Damen was deckin. Ryan, Stanley and the guys got off the boat before the twilight trip. Hopefully I will see ya out there soon and fling some plastics with ya. :D

mrjonez
07-09-2007, 02:20 PM
what the hell is a turd roller?

rockbass
07-10-2007, 09:48 PM
what the hell is a turd roller?

Sand Bass- but I don't know why they're called that......?

ahhvtec
07-12-2007, 01:50 PM
Were you guys at the flats? Thanks for the report BTW.