PDA

View Full Version : New Guy... Skunked on Saturday at the Vine.

Seņor.Chilax
01-11-2010, 03:55 PM
First of all, I want to introduce myself. Hi guys, my names mr.chilax. HA! Ive been reading your threads for a few weeks now and i have to say, some of the best reading. Lots of advise, lots of tips. Thank you guys. But for some reason i Skunked out this past Saturday, i know its the chance you take. It was 3 of us and all 3 skunked. Ive been to Irvine about a handfull of times, I would fish the Flats off shore, It was good. I just recently purchased a little 12footer(aka NESTA) and both times that ive been out there, SKUNK! It was a good day for many people out there, many with limits and one guy(sorry I didnt get a name) showed me his 10#er. Beautiful BOW. We trolled, we drop shot, we moved around, we stayed, WE WERE REALLY TRYING:!!!: But no luck. All in all, great day to go fishing, cant complain. Thank you for reading and youll be hearing more from me.

mr.chilax.:Cool:

Fisherman57
01-11-2010, 04:00 PM
Welcome to the board!
Lots of fish in the lake and you'll get em' next time!

Thanks for signing up for the TEAM 57 event and I look forward to seeing you in Feb! Keep the reports coming!

Big Daddy
01-11-2010, 04:09 PM
Welcome to the board and sorry about the skunk that just happens sometimes Fisherman 57 is right there are a lot of fish in there right now better luck next time and keep us posted

Rooster
01-11-2010, 04:21 PM
I was there Saturday trolling as well. That day the trout were all schooled up and very picky on what they would strike. If ya found the schools and had the lure you were in luck.
I trolled 8 different lures in various colors for a total of 3 hours and all trout were caught on 1 lure and 1 lure color only. Limited out in 2 hours but took a while to figure out the puzzle that day :Cool:...

I would gladly tell ya the lure and color if there wasnt a tourney this weekend :ROFL: Hope 2 cya out there

Seņor.Chilax
01-11-2010, 04:47 PM
thank you guys. and youre right, you had to be on the spot. But im not a quiter, so ill be back. and Rooster, this thread will be here next week, after the tourney, ill wait, no problem. :Big Grin:

Big Daddy
01-11-2010, 05:00 PM
I was there Saturday trolling as well. That day the trout were all schooled up and very picky on what they would strike. If ya found the schools and had the lure you were in luck.
I trolled 8 different lures in various colors for a total of 3 hours and all trout were caught on 1 lure and 1 lure color only. Limited out in 2 hours but took a while to figure out the puzzle that day :Cool:...

I would gladly tell ya the lure and color if there wasnt a tourney this weekend :ROFL: Hope 2 cya out there

Man You Just Never Know Who Your Friends Really Are.:LOL:

Big Daddy
01-11-2010, 05:02 PM

Hey rooster would tell us today if we all promised not to go to the Tornament this weekend. Would Ya Huh:Big Grin:

Seņor.Chilax
01-11-2010, 05:10 PM
hahaha! you guys are too much! Well believe me when i tell you ill be back, Ill be that Medusa looking guy with the loud Evinrude. :ROFL:

Rooster
01-11-2010, 08:53 PM
Hey rooster would tell us today if we all promised not to go to the Tornament this weekend. Would Ya Huh:Big Grin:
Ya know i would tell ya Bigdaddy, But i want you to win my brother. My tactics tend to get beaten by anglers fishing 30lb test, camp snoopy poles while fishing the boat ramp. :Secret: