PDA

View Full Version : Yucaipa Regiona Derby

Deyymonayy
01-11-2010, 08:30 AM
My dad, bother, sister, and I decided to fish the derby at Yucaipa Regional Park last saturday, and boy was that a mistake. We arrived in line at four am and found over 100 cars ahead of us butwe decided to stick it out. Gates opened at 6 but by the time everyone got registered and we got to our spot i was seven and time to start fihing. My family all used dough baits and Istarted off dropshotting an orange powerworm. I connected with the fist fish on my fifth cast but it was only about a pound ( this was my first ever drop shot fih, ive been trying to drop shot for three months) . after that no love on the dropshot for a few hours. by one oclock the derby ended and my family had eight trout on dough baits. My dad and I stayed after the derby and fished until closing. At four oclock, I finally connected with the dropshot again, and it went WFO. We used chartruese gulp floating worms and every other cast landed a trout, The biggest was seven pounds three ounces but it was after the derby, so the day started out horrible but ended with as a day I'll never forget.

bouncer
01-11-2010, 10:19 AM
sweet musta been a blast i cant wait for my local private lake to open feb 6 its gunna be a blast good job out there and nice report!