PDA

View Full Version : Folsom lake

Chris_garrow1
01-09-2010, 12:32 PM
I am just getting into fishing and i live by Folsom Lake. I fish from the shore and would like to know wat set up i should use and what Bait to use. I know nothing about fishing and would love to get into it. Thanks for your time
Chris_garrow1@yahoo.com

smokinflies
01-09-2010, 07:23 PM
I used to fish Folsom Lake when I lived in Roseville back in the late 90's.

The first thing we need to know is what type of fish do you wanna catch?

Chris_garrow1
01-10-2010, 08:19 AM
i was trying for trout i just cant get this fishing thing down i need some help lol

FISHNCHIPS
01-10-2010, 09:57 PM
i was trying for trout i just cant get this fishing thing down i need some help lol

Trout are going to be a bit difficult from shore in a big resevoir like folsom. I have rafted the South Fork American quite a bit and the Salmon Falls Bridge area looks very fishy for bass,crappie,bluegill and catfish. When the lake is low you might try the river there for trout. Also the bridge above Lotus,I've seen trout being caught there on the river.
Ask around and see if a friend of a friend has a boat to troll with. A little gas/bait/beer money has gotten me on a few good fishing trips.
Trout do cruise the coves sometimes,might suspend a crawler,eggs or powerbait about 4 feet down from a bobber,anything could grab it and it's a good way to relax.
Good luck and welcome to fishing,been doing it all my life and will never get enough.
Oh,I would use 4 or 6 lb test Stren line, #4 hook,Ugly Stik rod and an inexpensive shimano reel. You don't want 2 lb test line when a 7 lb bass grabs your crawler!

Chris_garrow1
01-11-2010, 08:50 AM
Cool Thanks for the help does anyone know of any ponds around the folsom area.