PDA

View Full Version : Castaic Lagoon 1/8

BassButcher
01-08-2010, 06:13 PM
Went to the lagoon today. launched north of the pier and stayed around that area from 3pm to 4:45pm. Fished deep again from 20-30 feet for nothing. as the day got later and the wind picked up, i started drifting in shallow and towards the pier, making my way back to my truck. To my surprise, fishing only about 10 ft, pretty much casting distance from shore, I caught this little chunky 1.5 lber on the DS. caught him right as i was about to leave! clutch in the 4th quarter! Might go again on sunday. Tight lines y'all!

Fire Ball
01-08-2010, 06:22 PM
Not too bad of a bass to beat the skunk. I went yesterday, but I was fishing from shore because I was going to help my friend catch his first bass. We ended up getting skunked.. When I took my tube out about 2 or 3 weeks ago, I caught a nice 3.5 lb bass in front of the pier a little bit past casting distance. I think one of the guy baiting and waiting on the pier got pissed off and left because of my bass! :ROFL: I had only been at that spot a few minutes and the guy on the pier was probably there all day.

Try live crawdads in probably 20 ft of water on Sunday. I saw some regulars in a boat catch a lot of bass on the live crawdads. I would hit the Lagoon on Sunday with you, but I am going to take the boat to the upper lake instead.

coty
01-08-2010, 07:21 PM
congrats on the catch... I have never been there i would like to do some fishing there one day i here alot of good stuff in that lake

PitchFish
01-08-2010, 08:11 PM
Fished the lagoon on Friday from 7am till 11:30am when it got a bit windy we got off the lake. Saw quite a few boats on the lagoon, maybe up to 15 from the time we were out there. Also saw a few float tubers and a few in kayaks(spelling?). It was only the second time that I have fished the lagoon from a boat. Kind of suprised at the water depth in certain areas, didnt realize that the north end is so shallow. Ended up with only one bite on the day but it produced a nice LMB. Was dragging a blue with green flaked Senko in about only 12 feet of water on the north east corner and I was able to get a nice 4.5 pound largy. It hammered the senko. My biggest largy in quite a while. At least the skunk was beaten. Overall, just seems real slow, didnt see anyone else catch anything? Maybe when it warms up in Feb/March?. The weather was actually warmer today, despite the wind, but I noticed the water temp. is still rather cold(50-52).

Fire Ball
01-08-2010, 08:42 PM
Fished the lagoon on Friday from 7am till 11:30am when it got a bit windy we got off the lake. Saw quite a few boats on the lagoon, maybe up to 15 from the time we were out there. Also saw a few float tubers and a few in kayaks(spelling?). It was only the second time that I have fished the lagoon from a boat. Kind of suprised at the water depth in certain areas, didnt realize that the north end is so shallow. Ended up with only one bite on the day but it produced a nice LMB. Was dragging a blue with green flaked Senko in about only 12 feet of water on the north east corner and I was able to get a nice 4.5 pound largy. It hammered the senko. My biggest largy in quite a while. At least the skunk was beaten. Overall, just seems real slow, didnt see anyone else catch anything? Maybe when it warms up in Feb/March?. The weather was actually warmer today, despite the wind, but I noticed the water temp. is still rather cold(50-52).

Yes, the water is way too cold for the LMB right now. They just don't like it! It should start getting better once the water temperature is higher, which is hopefully soon. Glad you beat the skunk!