PDA

View Full Version : What really happened with Timster.

vineline
01-07-2010, 02:17 PM
Good afternoon FNN:
I wanted to address the issue of Timster so that all of you understand what the real situation is.
Irvine Lake has volunteers that we have used for many years. We love, respect and appreciate all of our valued volunteers. We get many requests for volunteers on a weekly basis. Just so everyone is clear we compensate our volunteers either monitarily or with free fishing and various other perks.
We appreciate all the volunteer work Tim has done and unfortunately we do not need more than 1 or 2 volunteers on a routine basis. I personally advised Tim that although we appreciate his dedication, currently we only need him during busy Holidays, tournaments and special events.
I am not sure how anyone misunderstood our intentions but I hope that this post will clarify any concerns you may have regarding Irvine Lake's volunteer policy.

Thank you,
Vineline

Sue
01-07-2010, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the clarification, Daniela.
Also, this way it seems that other people will get the chance to help out people like me and other newbies and the kids!

Way to go, volunteers! :Big Grin:

Hitts0n
01-07-2010, 03:30 PM
Well you know how he say she say gets around. But if this is the only reason.....then Daniela thats the decision. But I think at least,you have Timster there every weekend and holidays,and tourneys. Its easier to understand someone that is very well respected. And its much easier to take orders from someone very well respected. Tim and MitZ was like Bob and Troutman65. I wish we had hardcore workers like Tim at my job. Oh and by the way...that security guard with the long braided chin hair....I like to call him.."The Goat" he's a good pick up for your lake staff ! He's one with a good threat size to him, but not out on the waters being a bully ! Please folks lets keep the drama down. Dana has locked like 9 threads in like the last week....lol

Prowler_Tuber
01-07-2010, 04:13 PM
People get really excited on here when it comes to the Vine...umm maybe a phone call is easier get the info right from the source.

Fisherman57
01-07-2010, 04:23 PM
As hard as I try no to, sometimes I just have to make a personal statement and here is my latest.

Irvine Lake and their staff have been nothing short of very accommodating to FNN / TEAM 57 members. They participate in our promotions, they host many of our events and they contribute to our raffles in very generous ways. All of which benefits our members.

Dave, Daniella & Jimmy and the entire staff at Irvine Lake have always been courteous to me above and beyond. I'm appreciative of Daniella (Vineline) & Jimmy (VineAssist) regular participation here on the board. I have seen them address our members concerns time and time again.

Yes, its their job to promote the lake and what they have to offer our members... and YES, they're going to be doing it right here on this message board from time to time. I would expect nothing less from my employees. So yes, there will always be threads about how many fish were stocked, giveaways, derbys and other various promotions.

While I think they appreciate the constructive suggestions our members offer them, we need to always do it in a polite & courteous manner. I also think that in some cases, when you have a personal issue with something, it should be addressed to them in a PM or a call to the lake NOT to the masses in a public forum. However if you feel the need to do it in public, lets be sure to be fair, know the facts and give those involved the opportunity to respond before forming opinions.

Those of you who are part of Team 57 know there is no formal "rules" or "terms" for being a Team 57 member. Its mostly an informal group, but Id like to think that we all will show some respect and treat people like we'd like to be treated. I started Team 57 with ONE goal and that was to bring people together by focusing on "Family, Friends, Fun & Fishing" Its a simple concept.

FNN / Team 57 is not here to be used as a lever to "get your way" and sway public opinion. Its here to bring people together. Not alienate them. I know quite a few of you and I think for the most part, we're all lucky to have so many great friends. I for one am very grateful to have made so many new friends here on Fishing Network.

Irvine Lake as well as most all of the sponsors of this website are constantly doing things for our members. Most of you "regulars" have benefited at one time or another from their generosity Im sure.

There's not many businesses out there where you have the opportunity to raise concerns in a public forum and have them addressed by those who can make the changes. We all should appreciate that. Thanks Daniella & Jimmy!

While TEAM 57 is a large group of people, EACH one of you is responsible for your own actions. So the next time you're upset with a particular issue, remember that people like Daniella & her staff are there to help you have a good day at the lake. They're not the enemy and they should not be treated with any less consideration than you'd treat your own family or friends with.

Businesses have to make tough decisions from time to time. Many times that decision is not one that lines up with popular opinion. But I assure you they are doing what they need to do to stay on track in most cases.

Keep in mind, its THEIR business and just like any other business, they need to do whats right for them & THEIR business. The world isnt a perfect place at times. Things change.

Im sure most of you would adopt some defensive attitudes if you had a job where people debated your every decision, your every move, your every action, etc....... on a public message board every single day of the week. People that had no idea what your job entailed, yet there they were telling everyone how it could be done better. Sound like fun? It isn't.

Lets start supporting those who support us and if we have a concern over one of their decisions, then lets address that with them in a manner thet leaves them feeling good about our approach.

I've known Timster for a quite a while now and he's a great guy. Im confident that Daniella, and the rest of the staff at Irvine Lake have the same opinion. As I read it, he's still welcome to volunteer at Irvine Lake when needed. Volunteers make the world a better place. Lets support Irvine Lake for having volunteers like Timster who lend a helping hand to those that need it and lets support Timster for volunteering his time!

I'll leave it at that.....

and yes......... Im gonna lock this thread as well ...........as I want to make a point.

Besides I think this issue has been addressed and I think if you need to know more about it you can send a PM to Daniella.

Back to fishing.