PDA

View Full Version : What happen to timster??????

2quikmotorwerks
01-07-2010, 04:54 AM
First off i wanna start off saying i love the lake and the staff but it seems like theres always something changing overthere and its usually a stupid decision if you ask me, now i find out that timster can no longer volunteer at the lake anymore except on big events what kind of crap is that? who in there right mind turns down free help especially when its helping another well loved vine guy mitz parking cars in the lot and what not. it just makes no sense. Tim is the kinda dude that if someone on the lake was having a bad day fishing he'd go over and see what they were possibly doing wrong and set them up correctly, give tips, net fish etc etc and not to mention just a good friend to everybody. Why would you get rid of someone like that. Now im not gonna say any names but i truely believe that a certain somebody felt threatend that there was a new trout guru around and had to put a stop to it but thats just me. Anyways if anyone feels timster got done wrong post up or post your experience with tim . Im done with my rant now.

Big Daddy
01-07-2010, 07:23 AM
2quik, I just saw your post and can not imagine anyone giving up volunteer help in this day and age, that really saddens me. I have not known timster for a long time but have always seen him at the lake parking cars in the cold, rain or sun, as well as seen him many times out on the lake trying to help others to catch a few fish or a limit(always willing to help with whatever the need was). I remember pulling into the lake at around 2:30 am 1 time and started to rigg my lines and t
Tim coming up to me and asking me how I have been doing fishing and replied kind of slow so he looked at my riggs and we started changing some things as well as he gave me pointers over the next hour or better in between parking cars. Many people have asked me for awhile now if I have ever fished with t
Tim and I had always responded with not yet. Just recently I was honered to fish with him and I am here to tell you I now know why everyone loves this guy so much he is Genuinly concerned about everyone around him catching fish and having a good time.

I know of some people that were going to fish somewhere else last week but came to the vine and spent there $22.00 just to see and fish with there good friend Tim.

I really hope that the vine will reconcider and bring my friend back if they could even get him to come back, some times wounds take along time to heal and I am sure my friend is wounded at this point he relly loves the Vine and the people. Tim if you read this I hope that someday I will get a chance to fish with You again, I know it probably won't be the same going to the Vine knowing that you won't be there when we come rolling in to sleep in our cars. I wish you the best My Friend.

Sorry this is so Long this is a tough one to swallow.:Angry:

E.A.R.G.
01-07-2010, 09:12 AM
Timster=theawesome

Troutman65
01-07-2010, 09:31 AM
Wow, Thats really sad to hear. Timster donated his time at the lake and this is the thanks he gets. Its just WRONG.

While were talking about being wronged , I am no longer welcome to fish at Irvine Lake because I said the fish at Irvine lake were small this year on Vinelines thread back in Dec. . It was the thread about the TV give away that got locked . I personally think its worng to be banned from the lake for speaking my mind on FNN. It was not my intention to cause harm to the lakes business. I simple was stating what I thought of the fish. Now , after the thread the fish got better from hearing from anglers . The lake got bigger fish and made everyone happy.

I might add , When I go fishing at Irvine Lake I spend between $ 60.00 & $ 80.00 each visit. Thats average . I sometimes spend more . Entry pass, tackle. breakfast, lunch, and beverage. I also bring friends with me to fish . They spend money also.

You might reconsider not allowing me to fish at Irvine Lake Vineline . I have many friends who love to fish. If I am not bringing my self and my friends to fish at Irvine Lake then thats money going somewhere else. Just a thought .

Mondo21
01-07-2010, 09:45 AM
I think this one Thread will go on for a long time. Timster was liked by a whole lot of people. I'm one of them. I just couldn't believe what I just read... He has always been kind to me. He has given me tips on how to catch fish. He does this with everyone he's encountered. Has anyone heard of "Timster's Special" I have... He has skills and have past those skills onto other Angelers. That is so sad to hear this news. I hope Irvine Lake will reconcider their decision. Cindy:Big Grin:

Rooster
01-07-2010, 10:20 AM
Timster never showed me any tips as i have never fished by the man. But more importantly to me, he showed me friendship. Always went out of his way to greet and shake my hand as well as my old mans.

3 reasons why we chose the vine over other lakes. Timster, Patrick & Jimmy.

And thats the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Sue
01-07-2010, 10:25 AM
Awwww, that sucks. Timster's always willing to give a helping hand.

primo55
01-07-2010, 10:53 AM
I think this is all leading up to "2012"!!!:ROFL:
Good guy,always there to answer any question and give a hand!

Mondo21
01-07-2010, 11:40 AM
Timster never showed me any tips as i have never fished by the man. But more importantly to me, he showed me friendship. Always went out of his way to greet and shake my hand as well as my old mans.

3 reasons why we chose the vine over other lakes. Timster, Patrick & Jimmy.

And thats the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Two down... Cindy:Sad:

Granny Fish
01-07-2010, 11:43 AM
Turning down a volunteer in this economy? :Confused: Really?

If it is true that he is not going to be able to volunteer at the lake anymore, I am very sorry to hear it. :Sad:

Poxy Boggards
01-07-2010, 12:13 PM
Wow, the Vine must be doing well to turn away free help. I have never fished or been given tips by Tim, but I have seen many reports showing him thanks for lending a helping hand and getting people onto fish.

IMHO, they should hire Tim as a pro staff member. He provides help to more people than the guys currently on the pro team anyway.

I used to really love the Vine, but stuff like this makes me not want to spend my hard earned money there. Just my 2 cents...

BigBass777
01-07-2010, 12:55 PM
I have not met him but the reports about him are very positive. When ya have a volunteer like that where everybody appreciates you being around, helping out, and giving pointers, then it brings business to the lake and many smiles on anglers faces especially kids. Who would wanna miss that? He is providing a free service. What else can you ask for?

Maybe the lake owner or staff looked at the volunteer help on a legal standpoint. When ya have a volunteer who stands out in the parking lot at cold early hours in the morning directing traffic, helping out, and getting involved with the public, they become a liability on insurance costs. They may not provide medical insurance for them. It's bs if you ask me. He sounds like a great guy for the thing he loves to do. Let him stay and do what he loves to do. He isn't hurting anyone or anything. One of these days the truth will come out as the image of Irvine Lake (known to be good) may dwindle in negative reactions from anglers about the issue. In that moment anglers will go elsewhere to fish.

Trip Wire
01-07-2010, 12:57 PM
Wow, Thats really sad to hear. Timster donated his time at the lake and this is the thanks he gets. Its just WRONG.

While were talking about being wronged , I am no longer welcome to fish at Irvine Lake because I said the fish at Irvine lake were small this year on Vinelines thread back in Dec. . It was the thread about the TV give away that got locked . I personally think its worng to be banned from the lake for speaking my mind on FNN. It was not my intention to cause harm to the lakes business. I simple was stating what I thought of the fish. Now , after the thread the fish got better from hearing from anglers . The lake got bigger fish and made everyone happy.

I might add , When I go fishing at Irvine Lake I spend between $ 60.00 & $ 80.00 each visit. Thats average . I sometimes spend more . Entry pass, tackle. breakfast, lunch, and beverage. I also bring friends with me to fish . They spend money also.

You might reconsider not allowing me to fish at Irvine Lake Vineline . I have many friends who love to fish. If I am not bringing my self and my friends to fish at Irvine Lake then thats money going somewhere else. Just a thought .

ima long time listner first time caller. so here is my first post. after reading the stupid statment above i could no longer lurk. sorry everybody

pat im sure you know who this is as i mentioned my screen name to you one night a while back. i was playing darts with my wife. think hard. yeah its me and i dont care if you know who it is.

ive watched you go from an advocate of irvine lake to a full blown disgruntled employee. its no wonder they dont want you there anymore. your a hypocrite. i can do a seacrh on this website and pull up at least 1000 posts of you bragging about how great irvine lake is and so on and since you got canned from there you have been on a mission to bad mouth them. everyone sees it. everyone knows it. especially the people at irvine lake. you look foolish to everyone.

now you want to talk about how much money you spend there and how much your friends spend there. i thought you said you were unemployed? or was that just more lies to get me to buy you another drink? if your unemployed, then you should be out looking for a job rather than sitting here on this website bad mouthing the very people that gave you an opportunity to have a job. you hypocrite. get off your *** because when that unemployment runs out you'll wish you had.

im not sure if by timster you mean tim as i doint know the name timster but if it is the same guy, hes not banned from the lake like you are. ive met tim on my many different trips to the lake and hes always been nice to me. helluva fisherman. i didnt even know he was a volunteer until today.

do us all a favor and use your unemployment money to get a resume in order.

my apologys to the fnn family and friends of troutman65, but all of you know im right.

Troutman65
01-07-2010, 01:20 PM
ima long time listner first time caller. so here is my first post. after reading the stupid statment above i could no longer lurk. sorry everybody

pat im sure you know who this is as i mentioned my screen name to you one night a while back. i was playing darts with my wife. think hard. yeah its me and i dont care if you know who it is.

ive watched you go from an advocate of irvine lake to a full blown disgruntled employee. its no wonder they dont want you there anymore. your a hypocrite. i can do a seacrh on this website and pull up at least 1000 posts of you bragging about how great irvine lake is and so on and since you got canned from there you have been on a mission to bad mouth them. everyone sees it. everyone knows it. especially the people at irvine lake. you look foolish to everyone.

now you want to talk about how much money you spend there and how much your friends spend there. i thought you said you were unemployed? or was that just more lies to get me to buy you another drink? if your unemployed, then you should be out looking for a job rather than sitting here on this website bad mouthing the very people that gave you an opportunity to have a job. you hypocrite. get off your *** because when that unemployment runs out you'll wish you had.

im not sure if by timster you mean tim as i doint know the name timster but if it is the same guy, hes not banned from the lake like you are. ive met tim on my many different trips to the lake and hes always been nice to me. helluva fisherman. i didnt even know he was a volunteer until today.

do us all a favor and use your unemployment money to get a resume in order.

my apologys to the fnn family and friends of troutman65, but all of you know im right.

Hey Trip wire, Thanks for your thoughts. Please send me a PM and let me know who you are as I don't recall .

I have always loved fishing at Irvine Lake . Before and after employment there.

When I was employed at Irvine lake I was instructed by Irvine lake managment not to post on FNN or lose my job. I am not a disgruntled employee . I have always told it like it is . I don't consider speaking my opinion as bad mouthing .

Trip Wire
01-07-2010, 01:32 PM
Hey Trip wire, Thanks for your thoughts. Please send me a PM and let me know who you are as I don't recall .

I have always loved fishing at Irvine Lake . Before and after employment there.

When I was employed at Irvine lake I was instructed by Irvine lake managment not to post on FNN or lose my job. I am not a disgruntled employee . I have always told it like it is . I don't consider speaking my opinion as bad mouthing .

you'll see me again soon pat. my wife & i are always there, you know the place. if you LOVE fishing at that place, why in the world would you keep calling them out on a public message board. why not solve your problem with a phone call to your former bosses. you keep digging yourself a bigger hole. be smart and quit making things worse for yourself.

everytime we've spoke you seem like a nice fellow but you seem to hold grudges or something. the way i see it, you lost your job there and then continued to be a smart aZss and now you cant fish there? i could care less what you did to lose your job, i could care less as to what you said about their lake but i have a feeling they didnt get rid of you or stop you from coming there over a comment about small fish. ive been fired from a job before and i can tell you i never wanted to go back again. why would you? because you like it there? THEN WHY WOULD YOU BE A JERK AND GET FIRED AND THROWN OUT FROM FISHING THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

im sure they are aware you have friends. a good buisness never wants to send away customers yet they did you. what does that tell you. like i said, you seem like a good guy but get your head screwed on staright my friend. quit blaming others for what you caused. i doubt tim wants YOU of all people standing up for him as you reflect bad to irvine lake.

see you when i see you

Sue
01-07-2010, 01:45 PM
You're the one being a jerk, TripWire. No need to call him out like that in public. It's downright rude and hostile.

This is a place to post fishing reports, opinions and some fun stuff, not to make personal attacks on other members.

Cangler
01-07-2010, 01:45 PM
you'll see me again soon pat. my wife & i are always there, you know the place. if you LOVE fishing at that place, why in the world would you keep calling them out on a public message board. why not solve your problem with a phone call to your former bosses. you keep digging yourself a bigger hole. be smart and quit making things worse for yourself.

everytime we've spoke you seem like a nice fellow but you seem to hold grudges or something. the way i see it, you lost your job there and then continued to be a smart aZss and now you cant fish there? i could care less what you did to lose your job, i could care less as to what you said about their lake but i have a feeling they didnt get rid of you or stop you from coming there over a comment about small fish. ive been fired from a job before and i can tell you i never wanted to go back again. why would you? because you like it there? THEN WHY WOULD YOU BE A JERK AND GET FIRED AND THROWN OUT FROM FISHING THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

im sure they are aware you have friends. a good buisness never wants to send away customers yet they did you. what does that tell you. like i said, you seem like a good guy but get your head screwed on staright my friend. quit blaming others for what you caused. i doubt tim wants YOU of all people standing up for him as you reflect bad to irvine lake.

see you when i see you

A lot of wisdom in your two posts man ..
Sounds like your off your meds ..

Trip Wire
01-07-2010, 01:56 PM
yeah, i figured id take a few hits for my comments. collateral damage i guess. like i said, i know pat. he knows me. but he needs a wake up call and since most of his friends wont help him ill be the bad guy and do it. sue, i like your style, but with over 13000 posts on one public message board, id say pat needs to expect a few comments directed back to him in public. ill make you all happy and go back to lurking for now. i meant no disrespect to anyone else and what i said to pat he had coming for a long time.

ghetto dad
01-07-2010, 02:01 PM
I want to go fishing....

GD

sansou
01-07-2010, 02:23 PM
I hate Timster:

The man don't drink, don't smoke, don't cuss, can fish a trout like a cormorant AND will show you and your kid how to do it....and enjoy it! He volunteers his time at the lake (well, I guess until recently). Never bad mouths anyone, and is honest.

In fact, I can't consort too much with people like Timster, that Boy Scout do goody stuff may rub off and ruin my hard earned debaucherous reputation!

Fisherman57
01-07-2010, 02:28 PM
As for the original topic of this thread, Vineline had responded here:
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=41984

I have no knowledge of the situation, but from what Daniella just posted it sounds to me like a simple misunderstanding that got blown way out of proportion...... and Timster will still be volunteering at Irvine Lake on occasion.....

THANKS AS ALWAYS DANIELLA & TIMSTER!

Lets keep the comments civil and get back to fishing!